Friday, July 17, 2009

Thirsty Thursday with Mr. Top Gun!

This Thirsty Thursday, Mr. Top Gun wanted to give me his personal take on what he thought should be the drink of the week. So, for the first time ever, Mr. Top Gun presents his Thirsty Thursday drink: Johnny Walker Blue Label Scotch. On the rocks, with two cubes of perfectly squared ice *only 2 cubes, he says*

Mr. Top Gun's Perfect Scotch "Recipe"

*Find the perfect glass, put the ice cubes in it and pour the scotch over it. Drink it. SLOWLY. SAVOUR IT. ENJOY IT.
Cheers!
Mr. Top Gun.
Now, you didn't think I was going to let Mr. Top Gun take all control over my famous Thirsty Thursday did ya? Besides, I think scotch tastes like paint thinner and I would never, ever leave my lovelies hanging without my delicious drink recipe. This week, I decided to choose a favorite that I grew up on- and no, it has no alcohol. I'm sure you could add some vodka to it, but I prefer the delicious, fresh, and summery taste of: A Watermelon Agua Fresca. Translated, this means fruit water and it is delicious! You can use any fruit you like in the recipe.


Mrs. Top Gun's Watermelon Agua Fresca:

*4 cups of seedless watermelon (or cantaloupe or honeydew melon)
* 1/4 cup of sugar
*Watermelon slices to garnish
* 2 cups of ice water
* Crushed ice

Add all ingredients to your blender, blending until nice and smooth. Pour the watermelon mixture into a wire mesh strainer, straining out any solid pieces of the fruit. Stir in your 2 cups of ice cold water, and pour over crushed ice in your favorite glass! Garnish with watermelon if desired. This recipe makes about 5 servings. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I tend to agree...if you're going to drink scotch there's nothing finer than Johnny Walker....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so goin to make the watermelon drink! YUMMEE! im not a big alcohol drinker so no comment on the other :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mrs. Topgun!

    At first I was like "ewwwwww she drinks that!?!?" but then I read on and understood. LOL

    This Watermelon Agua Fresca seems really different. I will try it someday and tell you how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?