This is Sadie Anne, my Australian Shepherd-Border Collie mix. I adopted her 8 years ago from a local shelter when I first started college, and she has managed to become one of the great loves of my life since then and has seen me through many nights of studying until the crack of dawn. She has also seen my tears when times got crappy, but was always there with a kiss and a doggie snuggle for me. I have to leave her behind. She is staying with my parents and their menagerie of dogs, which she loves so it makes my heart feel a little less heavy.
This is Zeus Baron, my Russian Blue. He wandered into my apartment a few years ago while I was living the single life and before Mr. Top Gun came into my life. I had no idea he was a purebred Russian Blue until I took him to the vet the day after he decided to live with me. He has been my companion for some of my toughest times in life, and I have to leave him behind too, but he is staying with my Nana and Grandpa and that makes my heart feel better. Grandpa LOVES Zeus Baron so much, and I know he is going to be well taken care of and loved while I'm gone.

Tonight Mr. Top Gun and I had a delicious home cooked Mexican dinner at my parents house, and now I am in another food coma. First, let me explain something to my lovelies: This little Mexican girl comes from a family that does not comprehend how NOT to cook for an Army, so that means at any family dinner we are greeted by huge amounts of food. Tonight, we had: Cheese enchiladas, Spanish rice, borracho beans, homemade crispy beef tacos, homemade guacamole, tortillas, fresh picante sauce and a devilishly sinful ice cream cake my Dad made! He also made a delicious dessert (on his own) which consisted of freshly baked German pound cake, nutella, and fresh strawberries. He took the pound cake and sliced it into squares, then spread the nutella on both halves and put the strawberries in between the slices... wow... YUM!!

I would have taken photos for all to see, but there came a downside to this food feast this evening... Apparently, my head did not get the message that I was looking forward to partaking in another feast of delicious food and thus decided to give me a MIGRAINE FROM HELL. Somehow I was able to calm the nausea with my meds and eat dinner, but then about an hour after eating? Yeah, you guessed it- all of my food decided to 'exit' my stomach. Poor Mr. Top Gun was running up the flights of stairs in my parents house to get to me in the bathroom, and as I was puking I could hear him calling for me, trying to figure out which bathroom I was in! My parents have tons of bathrooms in the upstairs, and all I could do was try to yell out to him in between my 'meeting with the toilet.' This darn move has got me so stressed out that my body is reacting with the migraines and nausea, and I am really trying to keep it together- but I feel myself slowly losing this battle. I am not looking forward to the end of the week... this is when we leave Texas and my family, and my fur babies. I can't do this, but I know I have to and it just sucks!
I have a laundry list of things to accomplish tomorrow and I am hoping to get them ALL done. Mr. Top Gun has Air Force stuff to do, which leaves me alone when I need him with me the most- when I go to cancel my cellphone plan with Sprint. Now, I've heard nightmares about them being very unfriendly to the Military, and if that is the case tomorrow guess what? It will take me about 10 minutes to go to JAG and ask for a letter. They get involved and Sprint shuts up. Although I'm hoping it doesn't come down to that... Anyways, here is my list:
*Deal with Sprint
*Get nails done for the last time :(
*Get make-up from the BX
*Get my car washed and detailed for my Dad (I want to give him a clean Acura.)
*Get more make-up from CVS and Walgreen's
*Go by the mall and stock up on VS undies and bras
*Buy new slippers
*Buy new Ipod headphones
*Pack suitcases... more...
*Attempt to eat lunch in between this madness
As much as I don't want to leave home, I kinda just want and need this trip to be over with already. Just get me on the plane for 14 hours and give me 2 Dramamines and leave me alone. I did this as a kid moving to Germany, now I just have to do it all over again as an adult and you know what? It still sucks and makes my heart hurt like the dickens. Ok, off to bed now.


Haven't talked to you much lately, we both have big moves on our mind (though yours is MUCH bigger!) I love you, I wish you felt better. I can sympathize on the migraines and I want them to go away!!! This will all be over soon, then you can relax and enjoy Japan!
ReplyDeleteWow, will your parents adopt me. I love some Mexican food. I should have been Mexican, it is my fav!! When we moved to England, I was having problems with migraines and the whole time we were there. I had the joy of making the long flight without my hubby! No Fun!!! And I got a migraine, was about to throw up, and I wasn't in an aisle seat. The lady next to me was a witch and wasn't going to let me go to the bathroom. I gave her the option of me throwing up on her nice airplane dinner or I could go to the bathroom. Her tone changed!! Good luck with Spring, we had problems with them. Letter always clears things up really fast! Good luck this week and I will think of you. I know how hard PCSing overseas can be.
ReplyDeleteOh no! I'm sorry you got sick. That's never fun whatsoever!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a long list of things to do but I'm sure you"ll get it all done!
I recently lost my Austrailian shepard/border collie mix (known around here as a cowdog) to congestive heart failure. Now I have a red heeler pup, and I'm in love with him. We also had a cat similar in color to yours - a Russian blue - interesting. Our cat had extra toes on his front paws - so we called him Count Rugen from Princes Bride. Coyotes got him. Now I have the kitten from hell. Aren't you glad that I am not taking care of your animals while you are gone?
ReplyDeleteI hope you get un-stressed soon.