Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sleep? What is that?

We survived day one of moving and packing. We are alive, but completely drained and exhausted. The good news is that everything went off without a glitch yesterday! We had the most phenomenal moving crew, and they came in to our storage unit (half of our other stuff has been in storage for ever) and went to work- without me having to 'bark' orders at them, which made the move sooo much easier. However, I discovered that I have a secret addiction... I have TONS of DISHWARE!! So much that a good 1o huge boxes were filled and packed to the brim with them. Hey, in my defense I entertain a lot, and I am required to have a lot of china and dishes and fancy glassware. Besides, what woman doesn't need her Kitchen Aide Artisan mixer and all the matching red Fiesta Ware? In all, things went great! My parents stayed with us to supervise and provide some much needed comic entertainment during our long 11 hour day. My Dad and Mr. Top Gun left mid-way through to bring us all back delicious tacos from the BEST little Mexican meat market/restaurant, and we sat on the floor eating them together.
We are dead tired this morning though. Today is our last day of packing at the house, when they come for our express shipment items. As of late, we still have not received a phone call from them stating what TIME they will show up. *Ugh* I have a bad feeling about today, but I'm really trying to stay positive. Mr. Top Gun said he is so tired he feels as if he were out all night drinking, and woke up with a nasty hangover. I feel the same way, and have a lack of sleep induced headache. Isn't PCSing a joy?

Crate number one being loaded!

Mr. Top Gun rolling my Dad in on the dolley. Dad is sitting on top of our HUGE tempurpedic mattress topper, and the other guys are the movers. I think it looks like my Dad is on top of a giant jelly roll!

Scanning and Surveillance...

The light bulbs that had to be taken out from one of our lamps. Naturally, my Dad stepped in and took them. He also swiped about 10 rolls of the good packing tape. Yes, that's my Dad!


The Crates have arrived, the Crates have arrived!

Yeah for PCS! Not really though. Hopefully today goes quickly, but I'm not so sure about that. Can I go to bed yet?

4 comments:

  1. Your live traffic feed makes me look like some sort of stalker, but I was just looking over your very fun blog and profile and such. You make me believe that dreams can come true. Maybe some day my 27 year old Texas daughter can find a fly boy of her own. I plan on showing her your blog as an encouragement. And if you have any extra flyboys hangning around, let her know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you've got the first day done and completed! It looks like you guys were able to have some fun while the packing was going on. And yes!!! Everyone needs Fiesta ware!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the PCS. We just had our household goods delivered yesterday, and we are wiped out! It will all be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad cracks me up. That is totally something that my dad would do!! Too funny! Good luck with the PCS. PCSing overseas is so freakin stressful!!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?