Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sushi, Sake and Silliness


Hey, It's me! Please excuse the hat and pigtails, and basically excuse the way I look in this picture. I hate taking pictures, and today was a combination of me crying and freaking out about the move coming up, but as usual Mr. Top Gun calmed me down, and what better way to calm Mrs. Top Gun down? With a dinner date to our favorite sushi place! *Note* That IS NOT a martini I am holding... Ok, it WAS one! I had the Cucumber, Stoli Vodka, and Sake martini, and for the record it was phenomenal. Mr. Top Gun thought it was funny to see me get a little 'loopy' off of one little drink, but I don't drink often and neither does he so it was a well enjoyed and much needed night out. The dish in front of me is called "Japanese Pickles Musubi," and it is squares of sushi rice which are lightly dressed in sesame oil and then they add the japanese pickles. These are sooo good, and this is my all time favorite appetizer to get when we go there.
Mr. Top Gun opted out of the photo shot- BOO on him. He had the Beef Yakitori and a glass of water. So, I was the silly martini drinking one tonight and it was fun!


This is called the "Diamond Roll." Spicy, but so delicious!

The Jen Roll. I love the Wasabi sauce underneath! It has Tuna, Escolar and Salmon and the inside has crab, avocado, chives and cream cheese.

1 comment:

What's on your mind?