Yeah! I got one of these cute little PINK dogs with my purchases today. The blue one is the one I picked out. Little things like this make me happy, and I need happy right now!
The super cute and super comfy hoodie Mr. Top Gun bought me. He looked at it and said: "Oh, so VS is recycling dogs now, or are they advocating it?" Silly, silly Mr. Top Gun! I wanted some pants to go with it, but couldn't find any without glitter or rhinestones. When I went to pick up a pair with some rhinestones on the rear of the pants, good ol' Mr. Top Gun had this to say to me: "Please don't get those. In fact, I am telling you NOT to even think of buying them and wearing them on the plane." WHY NOT, I ASK? "Because, I don't find it appropriate for my wife to get off the plane and have our sponsor see rhinestones on your butt. That would be a horrible first impression for you and me." Ok. Got ya. I wasn't going to get them anyways!Today, Mr. Top Gun treated me to a shopping spree at Victoria's Secret. This may have been a good idea when he mentioned that I should stock up on my bras, thongs, and other PINK related items before our move to Japan- but, I'm not so sure he expected me to spend so much time or money in the store today! First, let me begin by saying this: Mrs. Top Gun has a chest that she bought with her own money as a college graduation gift 5 years ago. YES, I said it- My "assets" were created by one of the finest Plastic Surgeons in Texas, and they are the best darn investment I have ever made. Feel free to judge me, although I hope you don't- I actually had what is referred to as micro mastia, which means that your breast tissue NEVER shows up, and mine didn't!
So, after waiting for eons I took the plunge and got my girls done when I was 22. I paid for them in cash on the day prior to my surgery and guess what else makes this funny? My Dad was the only person available to take me to the hospital, since Mom was away with my brother on a JROTC trip at the time. Yep, my Dad was the first person to 'see' them under the bandages and layers of bras I was wrapped in!
Turns out that he also made a friend for life with my PS, who is a retired AF Flight Surgeon! The two of them were jabbering away about their careers as I lie in a Versed induced drug haze. Gotta love my Dad! Now, back to Mr. Top Gun and his day with me at VS. I went there with the intentions of purchasing a bra or two and some undies, but that NEVER happens to me. So, as I sprint back and forth between the store I notice that Mr. Top Gun is RIGHT NEXT to me with every step I take! How cute :) I asked him if he would be more comfortable waiting outside and perhaps sitting on a bench? He replies with this: "Nope. I'm fine with you, and I'll stay."
"Can I watch you try on the bras?" HAHAHA! There's my Mr. Top Gun speaking! After a good hour and a half of deciding upon which bras, undies, and other goodies I needed we head to the register and Mr. Top Gun sets my HUGE tote bag on the counter and pulls out his wallet. $200 later, I leave with my VS bag in hand and enough bras and such to last me awhile. I love my Husband. He is the best! After that, we headed home to clean up for our dinner with my Nana and Grandpa. We all ate at Macaroni Grill and had a wonderful time together. I can't believe I am leaving the U.S. in a few days! My heart is still so very heavy and filled with pain. Mr. Top Gun's parents are in town tomorrow, and we have our last few days here filled with more family dinners and fun!


VS Pink hoodies are my FAVES!!! They stay soft and cozy like no others.
ReplyDeleteYay for shopping sprees!
Aw, that was too cute that he clung to you in the store. That was really nice of him as well to not complain about spending that much either.
ReplyDeletePS: I love Macaroni Grill!!
VS is my favorite store ever!! Hubs likes i too....for obvious reasons!
ReplyDeleteI just read your question for halloween suggestions. You should totally be the Karate Kid. You'll be in Japan and you kind find the outfit EASY! Your husband could dress up as Mr. Miogie
ReplyDeleteSeveral years ago my hubby bought me a VS bathrobe. I wore it until it was nothing but strings. It was one of his better gifts to me 'cause he thought of it on his own.
ReplyDelete