Monday, July 13, 2009

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Enchiladas, and some shenanigans

This was my absolutely delicious and sinful lunch today! They are called Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Enchiladas, and are filled with all white meat chicken and cheese, then topped with the to die for boom boom sauce. I'm glad we made the looooong drive to see family and to eat these mouth watering beauties.

BOOM BOOM SAUCE
3-4 jalapeño* peppers seeded
1 c. sour cream
1 c. cream cheese
1/2 bunch cilantro or to taste
garlic granular to taste
heavy cream to thin or thicken- as needed
Salt to taste

Preheat the broiler or grill. Place seeded whole jalapeño peppers on a baking sheet lined with foil and broil them, turning peppers often until skins are charred or blackened.
Cool peppers in brown bag 20 minutes then remove skin ñ stem. Cut up and place in blender. Place all ingredients in blender adding heavy cream in small amounts as needed for desired texture or thickness. Taste, then adjust the seasoning to your liking. .

Chill before serving or if using for on top of enchiladas, chicken or meat - place a little on top at the very last to heat through just before serving.

Note~ You can add a squeeze of lime or lemon over top when serving or have fresh cilantro chopped on top.

************** Shenanigans, anyone?*************
Alright, I admit it. My family loves to have a good time, and with my Uncle the good time always involves a beer or martini or 6 of them, and my Dad likes to join in this good ol time as well! Surprisingly enough, I didn't even have a sip of anything and I stuck to my trusty and refreshing unsweetened iced tea. Mr. Top Gun did have a Corona though- WOW! Right? My Dad had two really kick yo' butt margaritas, so it was a good thing we all ordered rather filling plates and had more than enough time to sit an enjoy conversing with one another while waiting for our table. Side note- My Aunt D. looked absolutely stunning today in one of her many custom styled wigs. Heck, if I didn't know her I would never have suspected her hair not being real. Now, to the shenanigans... We all finish up our lunches and head outside to say our goodbyes (the part which I had been dreading all day long.) My Aunt D. and I start hugging and crying, and I am ready to just fall apart on the Texas river rocks underneath my feet, when I realize I don't know where my Nana is.
I look over towards our car, my parents car and Aunt D's car and I happen to see my Nana standing waaaaaay over on the other side of the parking lot... Hmmm... perhaps she was wanting to get out of the heat, so she decided to take a little stroll by herself without letting anyone know she was leaving. Here is the deal with Nana: She is a healthy, 70 year old, fiesty, blonde haired, little tiny 4 foot 11 feet tall powerhouse- but, she is known to FALL DOWN- A LOT. As I yell out her name, I see her take a step back on the rocks and then it happens. She falls down onto the rocks and grassy area, kinda rolling on her side! Cue the crazy yelling coming from the mouths of my Mom, Aunt D, Me, Mr. Top Gun and Grandpa... "Oh my God, Nana fell!" "Shit!" Grandpa laughed at her, because he is so used to her little tumbles. It would have been fine, but my family is uber loud. I'm talking really, really loud- loud enough to make everyone around us look at Nana and us. AWESOME.
Thankfully, her fall was cushioned a bit by the grass and there happened to be some girls walking by when she fell, so they helped her right up. In the end, she was more embarrassed than anything and had a little bruise on her leg, but she is fine. I swear, the day something doesn't go wrong with my family will be the day penguins fly. We are a crazy, loud and insane bunch but we love each other, and I can't imagine not seeing them for 3 years. Thank goodness for yearly flights back to the states though! Yeah, Air Force :)

2 comments:

  1. 1. Those enchiladas look fantastic and I WILL be making them. Thanks for the recipe!

    2. Glad your Nana is ok!

    3. I love you, have safe travels, in case I don't get to talk to you before you head out. Check in when you can and be sure to post pictures soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?