Saturday, July 18, 2009

Date night with Mr. Top Gun

Yeah, that's right. Mr. Top Gun and I went to see Bruno tonight for our date night. Feel free to judge me if you please, but you know what? This movie was freakin' HILARIOUS! Highly inappropriate for young children, heck even for my parents, and probably for most people. Let me just say this: If you are offended at all by nudity, homosexuality, crude jokes, sex toys, and full on images of a mans nether regions, then this is NOT a movie for you to see. I loved Borat, loved the Ali G show and am a fan of Sascha Baron Cohen in general. Besides, the fact that his character Bruno is a gay Austrian fashion model made the movie even funnier for me! It was subtitled in most parts, and I was highly impressed with his German speaking skills. Hey, I speak German fluently and could close my eyes and understand what he was saying throughout the movie. Mr. Top Gun laughed so hard he was crying, and I did the same! Too bad my Dad couldn't join us, but he was dog sitting my brother's dog Brutus this evening.

So, if you liked Borat and Ali G, and aren't afraid to see some rather crude humor, then you totally need to see this movie! It certainly isn't for everyone though. Tomorrow Mr. Top Gun and I are having dinner at a Brazilian Steak House with my parents!! YUm!!!

3 comments:

  1. i can't wait until it comes out on dvd....finding a babysitter is challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to see that. Guess I will wait til hubby gets back home and we will rent it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to see this movie but all my friends say its not funny at all its just gay.

    I know there is this thing about "white" humor and "black" humor. But i thought funny was funny.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?