Saturday, August 15, 2009

Welcome the newest Top Gun family member!

Please welcome the newest member of the Top Gun family! I'll fill everyone in on the details of how this little angel came into our lives later (i'm dead tired,) but I will say that she was rescued from the gas chambers here in Japan about a year and a half ago. She was pregnant, had 6 puppies who all found homes, but she never did.. she has been in the care of foster parents since then. Well, she is no longer a foster dog! Her foster name is foxy, but Mr. Top Gun and I don't think she looks like a 'foxy," so we are thinking of the perfect name for her! Tomorrow I'll post about her story and tell y'all how our first night with her was. I am so glad that we saved her from what could have been a terrible ending to a gorgeous, 2 year old life. Now, she will help me dry my tears and snuggle on the couch with me when Mr. Top Gun is gone far, far, away.




5 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cutie! I can't wait to hear the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Came over here from 20SB. Your dog is beautiful! I'm so happy you found her in time and were able to provide a wonderful home. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little dog! I can't tell you how many times my dog saved my sanity during deployments or days in the field. I would be bawling and he would come nuzzle up next to me and all was ok! I got to the point that I couldn't sleep if my lab wasn't in the bed with me. Plus, it is nice to have noise in the house and something to communicate with when you are alone. Riley didn't judge when I shopped too much, cried to loud, drank too much wine or cursed Mr. Marine for actually enjoying his deployment :) He just loved me and you will feel the same about your new baby too! Give her a little treat for me!
    P.S. On my day off, I still have "mommy doggie dates" where I take Riley to pick out a new toy or some treats, we hit up McDonalds where he gets a burger and then we go for a walk or run!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?