These pictures go along with part of the craziness at Casa De Top Gun. Read on to find out how they fit into this mess!
*The Nigiri Sushi we ordered* I recognized three types of fish here. The rest I did not touch. Mr. Top Gun's tummy later paid a price for eating the 'unknowns.'
*Sea Urchin* Not cool with me. Not eating this.
*Horse Meat?* Yes, they had RAW HORSE MEAT on a sushi menu!!
In other news, my HOUSEHOLD GOODS are here!!!! We received an e-mail late Thursday evening informing us of the arrival, so they are scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. The weekend kinda screwed up an earlier delivery, and they require a full days notice to come and pick up the loaner furniture... gay. So, Mr. Top Gun and I shall be sleeping on the air mattress Tuesday evening, which should be a total blast *sarcasm* I am just so happy to finally be able to decorate my big old house with all of my gorgeous furniture and furnishings! Oh, and possibly needing to purchase some more new curtains and storage units for the bathrooms- this house has TONS of windows, but the bathrooms in Japan don't have cabinets or vanity type sinks, so I must figure out a way to store our towels and toiletry items. The other news in the household has been Keely and her throwing up... It seems that a few days ago while I was walking her, she decided to start chowing down on the grass in the dog park. No biggie right? Dogs eat grass when their tummies are bothering them and then usually they throw up whatever was bothering them- nope, not Keely. She ATE A FREAKIN BEE! Apparently when she ate the grass, she also ate the little bee and so when we came home Mr. Top Gun notices a few minutes later that her upper lip is swollen- not a biggie right? Well wrong again.
I suppose the bee sting and all the grass and whatever else she had in her stomach decided to turn into three days of her constantly retching and throwing up, and in turn had me running up and down the stairs to the laundry with her soiled blanket. And all of this happens on the one day that Mr. Top Gun doesn't come home until way late in the evening, so of course by this time I am bitchy and tired from cleaning up puke and washing laundry all day! Keely is finally feeling better today, and she is back to eating her Science Diet kibble like normal now. And last but not least, Mr. Top Gun and I had our first experience at an authentic Japanese Sushi Bar last night. When I say authentic, I mean like a hole in the wall place where no Americans are eating, nothing but older Japanese people, no english menus and nobody speaks english... fun night!! We proceeded to sit down on the tatami mats and begin ordering, and then I notice this on the menu: HORSE MEAT SASHIMI... I immediately lose my appetite and tap Mr. Top Gun on his side to show him. He responds with: "Awesome. Are you gonna order it?" I just wanted to leave, but we were eating with friends so I sucked it up and ordered a tuna roll. It was good, but I think it was "too Japanese" for our tastes... I think the fish had literally just been killed and then sliced and put into my roll within seconds! Mr. Top Gun ordered a sampler, and when his came out it looked like the ocean had been slaughtered on his plate. He had salmon, tuna, eel, shrimp, octopus, scallops, squid, red snapper and some other fish which NONE of us could identify. We left full of fish, and only paid 26.00$ for the meal- which was very authentic, but I think we realized that we prefer the sushi bars here where the Japanese chefs are used to the American style of sushi, and still put their own twist on it. We both came home with bellies that later felt a little sick and urpy, so I don't think our stomachs are quite used to the water around here yet! Needless to say, a return trip is not in our foreseeable future. (No offense to the chef or the Japanese, but horse meat is not cool!) That is all for now. I'm sure I'll have a boatload of crap to blog about next week, so be ready to listen to me bitch, rant, complain, and generally let y'all know what is going on. Oh, and decorating means pictures of my house for y'all to see!! I know you are all so excited :)


HORSE MEAT!!! I do not think that I will be able to eat for the rest of the day!! Poor Keeley and poor you!! A sick dog or child is no FUN!! I am looking forward to pictures of the decorated house. OH yeah, here is a fun fact. In England, you can be arrested if you are drinking and have your keys on you. It doesn't matter if you have a DD or were planning on calling a cab. It happened to someone we knew! CRAZY!
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm glad your household goods have arrived!
ReplyDeleteYeah...the horse meat....not cool. I'm glad you passed on that! Sorry the tummys are upset