
The maintenance guys show up, fix the wobbly ceiling fan, the screen to the patio, the lock on the front door and they are gone. The Japanese are such hard workers, and it's so neat to see them use my downstairs foyer area and take their shoes off. I need to go out and purchase some slippers for my guests to use now! Next, the internet people drop by... as soon as I see the guy, I realize he has NO idea why he is even here. He looks over at my MacBook on the table and says: "You are stealing wireless from someone, no?" WTF? Uh, the house is already wired for this, and the company KNEW this when Mr. Top Gun and I went in last week to make the appt!!! Ugh!! I asked him if he brought a router for my Vonage to work and he kinda looks at me like I am a space cadet (ok, sometimes I am) but today I am not. I tell him to call his boss because when Mr. Top Gun gets home and finds out that nothing was accomplished, we is going to be one grumpy man and I don't need to deal with that right now. I get him to make an appt. ASAP, and they are going to be back tomorrow with my router! Yeah, then I can call home to Texas all I want to!
I then proceed to call Flight Medicine so that I can have all of my prescriptions transferred from our previous base to here. How hard can that be? Well, when you live in Japan and you have a lovely and oh so damn complicated to use cell phone, making a call is about the HARDEST thing you'll ever do here! I can't find the number. I look for it, rustle through Mr. Top Gun's flight bag and finally find the darn sheet with all the important numbers on it. I call them- I think I called them... nope, phone starts yelling at me in Japanese! What? I don't know what happened, but it took me over an hour to figure out how to call them and finally get my appt. I go on Friday, and by then I shall have my cute little car!
And last but not least... I am tired of hearing F-22's and F-35's ROAR over my house. I have been hearing them non-stop since I got here, and I would appreciate a mere 5 minutes of quiet time... please? Don't get me wrong- I love planes, and the Air Force and I understand their purpose here, but what I don't like is not being able to talk to someone in my own home because they are zooming over the water and over my house every few seconds. I do however, love to walk out onto my many balconies and see them zip over the ocean! They fly in so low that when they get near the water, all you see is the afterburners and the water 'parting' to the side as they fly by. Neat! Now, if they could only be silenced... yeah, I know it's not gonna happen. I'll be used to it in a few days. At least Mr. Top Gun's plane isn't 'rude!' It's loud, but not rude! Enough of my tirades for now. I have laundry to fold and a dinner to start!


That's great that you got to skype! I love that program! It's awesome! Hope everything gets taken care of tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteYay I am so happy that you guys made it and are getting settled in! I'm so glad you and your family got to Skype!
ReplyDelete