Friday, August 14, 2009

It feels like Christmas in my house!

Guess what got delivered to my house yesterday? My express shipment!!! Oh, how nice it is to be able to have real flatware and dishes to use now! I also am very pleased to announce that my ENTIRE BOX of shoes arrived in tip-top shape, not one missing nor did any of stilettos break. Amongst the goodies? Blankets, soft and comfy towels, my Vera Wang linens for our bed (which is not here yet,) all of our DVD's and CD's, and all of Mr. Top Gun's fancy flight gear. Our new printer made it as well, and the only item which was broken was my African wood duck :( My dad had this shipped in for Christmas for me the first year Mr. Top Gun and I had been married, so the fact that his beak got broken makes me sad.

*These are NOT what I wish to have in my kitchen. I found them on the floor when I woke up this morning, and figured Mr. Top Gun was rushed for time in getting showered and back to work from his morning PT run. What I didn't expect was... THE SMELL. OMG. Let me just say that when someone goes for a 1.5 mile run and then plays ultimate frisbee (seriously, guys?) in a climate where the humidity level is alway 100%, the combination of sweat and the human body DO NOT make for a pleasant smell. His socks almost made me gag! Although, I would like to clarify this: On behalf of Mr. Top Gun, he is not a stinky man. Seriously, I don't get it but he doesn't smell- ever. His shirts never smell bad, which makes laundry nice for me.
*Haha. Mr. Top Gun and his lovely candid shots. Please excuse the way I look here. I was awaiting the rest of my things, and I didn't do my hair that day. Rats!*
*My brand spankin new Kitchen Aide Artisan Mixer!*
*One of the many casual sets of flatware. Seriously, I own like 20 sets...*
*All of my new RED Fiesta Ware!! Cups, Plates, Saucers, Platters, dishes, bowls...*
I am off to finish getting dressed for our dinner with friends this evening! I can't believe it's Friday!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love when the movers bring my stuff to the house, it's exactly like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad your stuff made it and only one thing was damaged. Hopefully the rest of the stuff will make it unharmed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE fiesta ware and kitchen aid mixers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it got there mostly in one piece!!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?