Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mrs. Top Gun gets her nails did- At COCOK'S!


I am a total snob when it comes to getting my nails done. And when I say 'snob' I literally mean I will throw a fit if my nails are not done the way I asked them to be done! Hey, if Mr. Top Gun is going to fund my twice monthly trips to the salon, then you bet your butt my nails better always come out looking absolutely gorgeous! When I learned of our move to the island, I immediately went into panic mode... No, I didn't panic about TMO or packing up our house, or leaving family and friends behind for a life across the ocean. I panicked about LEAVING MY MANICURIST. Yes, that's right. I had a minor heart attack at the thought of leaving Texas and thus leaving my favorite nail salon and longtime manicurist, for a place called Japan??? Who would even think they have nail salons in Japan, right? Well, I thought that until I heard from a friend who had already arrived on the island about a place called Cocok's....

Now, I was skeptical at first and decided to get an entirely new set of gel nails done before we left the states- just in case I had to search for a nail salon here! Well, as I looked down at my nails last night (after I had been chopping parsley, garlic and cilantro for my chimmichurri marinade tonight,) I realized that my time had come. It was time to book an appointment at Cocok's. So, I call the salon and am scheduled for a 1200 appt. today! There lies a problem though... yesterday, I noticed my a/c in the car wasn't cooling AT ALL so Mr. Top Gun met me at the car place and we dropped it off. I was supposed to have it back last night, but I never got a phone call, so we knew something was up. Turns out, the compressor is out and I may not have a car until tomorrow :( So, Mr. Top Gun offers to pick me up and take me to the salon on his lunch break. What he didn't tell me was that he felt like bringing a friend over to our place when he came to get me...

Cue him walking in the door and I hear this: "Hi, I have company. Are you decent?" RUNNING UP THE STAIRS... BEDROOM DOOR SLAMS... Thanks for the warning, I guess? I was half-way dressed but needed to get to my laundry room to fetch my shirt from the dryer, and the boys were down there! So, I wait for them to come up to the third floor and then I run down stairs grab my shirt and gracefully walk back up the stairs in my heels to greet Mr. Top Gun and his friend. We leave the house, and the boys drop me off here:
What color you want? You pick color!
* This is supposed to sound like the girls there*
My Japanese nails!

I am now a devoted fan and client of Cocok's! They are the best here, and I didn't even have to tell the girl how I wanted my nails shaped (squared,) she just did it! I also was served some delicious tea while getting my nails done and enjoyed the breathtaking view of the ocean. I then came home and went out on my upper deck and tanned for awhile. In fact, I think I made the F-15's zooming by take notice of my brightly colored bikini... they literally flew over my house RIGHT OVER THE UPPER DECK the entire time I was up there! Hey, even if they weren't looking at me- I'll say they were :)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you found a new salon! I'm looking for a place to get my hair cut, it's always difficult finding a new replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I'm glad you were able to find a place and it turned out they were good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way about my hair! I once explained to Mr. Marine that it is easier for me to find a new GYN than it is for me to find a new stylist! And guess what? I found one here and now she is moving....to freakin Houston! Her telling me this threw me into a tailspin. My husband had no idea what to do. I was bawling about people who don't even care if they live in Texas and all I want to do is move back and I am stuck here! Poor guy asked if he could take me for a nice dinner and I yelled, "No, I don't want to be around you b/c you are the reason I am not in TX." Where upon I left the house and called my mama and my best friend in TX...it was a bad day to say the least :) So now I am a jealous bitch and I don't have a hair stylist anymore...arrgghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! I love your story's! Your nails look very nice, great color.

    What's the weather like out there??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, this story really made me laugh! I'm glad you found a good manicurist there. I can't even find a good one here, at least not one that's not rediculously expensive (but maybe that's the trick). Good for you for rockin' that bikini!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?