Monday, August 10, 2009

An evening with a good friend and a trip to Jusco


Today was a crazy busy day for the Top Gun's, and I mean CRAZY busy! Mr. Top Gun had work related duties to attend to (which apparently meant he spent part of his afternoon eating cake and hanging out in the squadron bar...) Hmmm... this sounds like a fun day to me :) In between him being gone all day and me running around the base and my trip to the Commissary to replenish our pantry, we both had energy levels of zero by the time we saw each other this evening. Oh, and might I mention that I managed to lug an entire HOUSE full of groceries up my ever so long flight of stairs? Yeah, and I did so with sweat dripping off my face and my tank top almost falling off outside while I bent over to get the darn bags! Needless to say, our home is now fully stocked with all the goodies I need to make my gourmet meals for Mr. Top Gun! I only wish I had my fiesta ware and my china and my stemware now :( Hopefully the express shipment shall be here in another week or so. Stay tuned for that update!

After I got home from the Commissary, I received the BEST phone call ever... One of our very close and very dear friends happened to fly in last night and wanted to know if we would have dinner with him and show him around! Yeah!!!! Mr. Top Gun and I have been friends with him for a few years, and he is also a flyboy. So, we took him to the garlic house! He loved it and was immediately hooked on that delicious garlic pizza! See, I told you it was THAT good. After dinner, we decided to take a trip to the JUSCO here since Mr. Top Gun and I have been wanting to go, and now was the perfect opportunity to do so. To clarify, JUSCO is the Japanese version of a HUGE shopping mall. It has tons of food places inside and four floors of different clothing stores, an electronic department, toy stores, kids places and the downstairs is a huge supermarket! Here are a few pics from our "Adventures In JUSCO Land!"


A vending machine filled with candies!!!
Mr. Donut! "If it has Donut in it's name, you know it has to be good!" *Actual quote from our fellow flyboy friend* The HUGE ferris wheel in American Village. This is basically what the Japanese think America is like, and the village is actually a bunch of stores and restaurants that are more Americanised.

The SANRIO store!! I loved Sanrio as a kid, and love it even more as an adult! Mr. Top Gun bought me handmade chopsticks, since my hands are little and the regular sized chopsticks are awkward and cumbersome to me. They have Hello Kitty on them and are super cute! Oh, and they were 250 yen... Which is... $2.50!!! A steal!

4 comments:

  1. It's so weird that your pretty much like a day ahead of us now, or wait....are you a day behind???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 26 and I still love Sanrio and have more Hello Kitty stuff then I generally care to admit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you saw a familiar face over there! Glad you made it with all your groceries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through Crazy Shenanigans and I love it!! I also married a Top Gun who is pretty fabulous. So, we are practically neighbors... we are on Guam - just a quick flight away!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?