Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Top Gun's visit the Garlic House!

Tonight, Mr. Top Gun and I dined with fellow friends at the locally famous Irin Kirin restaurant, or as it is commonly referred to as "The Garlic House." We had been wanting to try it since we arrived on the island, and tonight we had the opportunity to do so- what an experience it was! I was so surprised that with the copious amounts of food Mr. Top Gun and I ordered between us, our bill only came out to $38.00 U.S Dollars. And boy did we get a lot of food... our table was covered with our dishes and the dishes of our friends. It looked like we were eating our last meal!

We all left with very, very full and extremely happy bellies, and the best part about this was that everyone ate garlic and smelled like it so when I gave Mr. Top Gun a kiss, it was like no big deal. After we got home and I was walking up the stairs, I noticed that we both smelled like a garlic factory! I immediately grabbed our clothes and threw them in the wash, then I proceeded to take another shower and washed my hair *again* to get rid of the smell. Oh well, it was so worth it!! I hope we don't wake up tomorrow smelling of garlic and end up sweating it out while we run errands... yuck.

This is the roasted garlic in a cast iron pan. The corn on the bottom was fresh and delicious!

This is the whole garlic, fried and then served with a mayonnaise type aioli sauce and another sauce with garlic chips on top of it. Delicious!
This is THE BEST garlic pizza- EVER!!! Our table ended up ordering 4 of these and we all shared them. This is one of my new favorite foods here, and it is very addicting and superbly delicious.

This was my tuna and avocado salad with garlic and cheese. OMG. How insanely delicious this was! Mr. Top Gun had one bite, and then I shooed his hand away from my dish. It was that good! The tuna was sushi grade and caught that day, and the creaminess of the cool avocados and the sauce they made from garlic and the mash of avocado was to die for. It definitely was the healthiest thing on the menu...
It's the Garlic House!!!

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks soo yummy!

    I didnt grow up eating garlice, but after meeting my Fiance, I can't cook without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way they made their building look! I'm guessing your out of the storm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, I need to go eat some lunch now!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?