Mr. Top Gun has completely spoiled me. I admit it, and I am not afraid to say that yesterday I told him this: "Our TV from the states is not here yet, and it won't be here for another month. I need a new TV so I can see my shows when the fiber optic cable gets installed on Monday." His response? "Ok. Let's go look at the BX, and you pick out the one you like." **SERIOUSLY** So, yesterday we found this 42' beauty of a TV at the BX and Mr. Top Gun said I could have it!! Naturally when I go to get an associate, I am told they sold the last one last week and have none in stock. UGH. Now I felt really guilty and crappy because Mr. Top Gun had told me to pick whatever I liked and now they are out of stock. Plus, he had work to do and I held him up looking for a non existent TV. We left the BX upset (ok, I left upset) and wondered what to do. Well, I was up at the crack of dawn this morning with Keely for her walk- which turned into a mild disaster. It seems that she decided it would be a good time for her to wrangle her little and now hairless neck out of her fancy jeweled collar, and SPRINT off from the dog park and from me!!! This little dog is all muscle and she is like a bolt of lightning when she runs, and I'm pretty sure she has ambitions to be a star in the Olympics. Imagine a crazy looking American woman dressed in white gaucho pants, a tank top (which is falling off,) flip flops and her hair on top of her head running at full speed trying to get her dog... Yeah, that was me this morning and I was the freak of the neighborhood and the American who let her dog get loose. Whatever! Turns out my running after her made it worse, and once I stopped and let her go she ran right for home and was sitting on the front porch when I arrived (dripping with sweat and really, really pissed off!!) Once that crisis had been solved, I moved onto figuring out how to GET MY NEW TV- that is after I told Mr. Top Gun what happened and this is what he said to me: "What did you do that for. How did she get loose. You did something right?" WHAT THE HELL??? So, I get dressed and decide to go back to the BX and demand that our name be placed onto the waiting list for this TV which I so very much need/want right now. I suppose today was my lucky day, because they had already ordered a huge load of them a month ago, and they are going to arrive on Thursday!! So, I placed a hold on mine (oops, OUR) TV and WE get it on Thursday!!! I should go now and start dinner and finish dessert for my wonderful Mr. Top Gun who indulges me oh so much :)


Well I'm glad both things worked out for you! Congrats on the new tv! That's exciting!
ReplyDeleteHAHHAHAHA!
ReplyDeleteWhat would you have done had he said "...we can wait for our TV to arrive...""
Does Mr. Top Gun have a brother??? lol :)
ReplyDeleteAw... Mr. Top Gun is the best! And Keely... is it her terrible twos!?
ReplyDelete