Mr. Top Gun and I decided to take a road trip to visit the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium this weekend, and we were glad we went! After the 2 hour drive (courtesy of the world's SLOWEST Japanese drivers,) we finally arrived were greeted by a SEA of Japanese tourists... Seriously, I knew this aquarium was muy famous, but this was ridiculous to me! Needless to say, the trip was a huge success and we were able to see some of world's most gorgeous sea life and creatures, not to mention the HUGE whale sharks in the tanks (3 of them) and the gigantic sting rays, sharks, tropical fish, baby sea turtles, sea snakes, eels, dolphins, manatees and so much more!
After arriving home we decided that sushi didn't sound so appetizing anymore for dinner *GASP!* I actually decided to try the new Tex-Mex restaurant up the road from our casa over my beloved sushi... something is wrong here! The food was fabulous. And coming from a little Mexican girl who grew up with this cuisine and knows how to cook it, I was uber impressed with the flavors, textures and authenticity of my meal. The chips are homemade, as are the tortillas and the addicting and utterly divine salsa. My cheese enchiladas were made with white cheese *yum* and covered with a deliciously light yet tasty sauce, and the rice and beans weren't too bad- although I think I could offer my assistance to them :) I'll leave you with a few pictures of our adventure!
Mr. Top Gun and his candid photos. He is sneaky!
The HUGE stingray!!
Gigantic Whale Shark!!
Being goofy in the car at the ATM
This is what my home looks like! Tropical everything!


I LOVE tropical fish so I'm uber jealous of you right now!!!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteHoly whale shark... that thing is HUGE!
ReplyDelete