Thursday, August 6, 2009

Shenanigans at Casa De Top Gun

So, during this oh so lovely typhoon which has been roaring outside since last night, I have had the pleasure of doing the following things (in no particular order...)

*1- I managed to get the internet guys over to my home and set up our temporary wi-fi in the house. They also set up our Vonage, so now I can call home whenever! For free!

*2- Cook homemade red beans and rice for dinner last night, and managed to slice the thick ham steak into good chunks with a plastic knife. Yeah, my household goods are not here yet, so plastic cutlery is de riguer in my casa for now!

*3- While wiping down my stove top with a lysol cloth, I decided it would be a really cool idea for me to JAM MY LEFT RING FINGER INTO THE SIDE OF MY STOVE.

*4- Managed to jam my finger, thus leading to me falling onto my tile floor in a pile of tears and sobs, all the while Mr. Top Gun lazily sat on the couch and yelled out: "What did you do? Where are you, are you ok?"

*5- My finger has swollen up to the point that I fear I shall not be able to wear my gorgeous diamonds. I will find a way to wear my wedding bling- I don't leave my house without them! Oh, and my finger is a lovely shade of deep purple and blue right now! Awesome.

*6- Been told I won't make my appt. tomorrow at flight medicine, due to this storm and then was told the base is back at TCCOR 4 and all appointments shall stand.

*7- Mr. Top Gun left for work this morning and came home infected with SmallPox! He then handed me some lovely informational brochures and told me to read them, because for the next 30 days he is contagious??? Yes, I cannot touch the arm where he received his injection (15 pokes!) or I will get sick. The BEST PART ABOUT THIS ONE? HE HAS TO DO HIS OWN LAUNDRY FOR THE NEXT MONTH!!! I can't touch his clothes or towels, or anything that his injection site may have touched.

*8- My home is now a Bio-Hazard zone. I must keep plastic bio-hazard bags on hand for him to dispose of the bandages when they fall off. I must also pour bleach into the bags to kill the virus on the bandages... Awesome!

*9- Last night I watched Mr. Top Gun drop his glass of milk, followed by the entire bag of oreos he had in his hands. This was then followed by a loud scream, and him doing what appeared to be some type of a shuffle with his feet... All due to what he said was a small little roach looking bug that crawled onto his arm while he was picking up the oreos from the kitchen counter. I then had to clean milk up while he hunted down the bug, and this transpired after I jammed my finger!

*10- I then found this GEM on the internet last night while unable to sleep due to these 80mph winds! And oh, what a smile it brought to my face :)

Ya'll know that Mrs. Top Gun LOVES her some George Strait! And this song has even more meaning since it happens to be my Grandpa's favorite Hispanic song (originally sung by Vicente Fernandez.) I am a very, very happy little mexican girl right now upon this discovery! I can't wait to get his new CD!


"The King" Sung by the King of Country Music, Mr. George Strait!
*ENJOY!!*

5 comments:

  1. I hope your finger gets better soon! And I hope that bug was found....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the Smallpox! It's so gross!

    I'm impressed that your internet guys came out in the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smallpox vaccination is the WORST! I couldn't even look at my husband's arm. I hope your finger is feeling better. I am not so sure I would've cleaned the milk up after your dear hubby yelled, what's wrong, where are you! LOL!! To funny!! Oh and George Strait is like a fine wine, he gets better with age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...so you should never have to go through another typhoon again! that is horrible!!!! i hope your finger gets beeter soon. but the whole Mr. Top Gun doing his own laundry for a month won't be all that bad =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Japan is just opening its arms for you guys right now! lol I'm glad you guys are getting through this with a good sense of humor. I hope your finger feels better and I hope you don't get smallpoxs.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?