Here they are! Mrs. Top Gun answers your questions...
Jacylann Nix said...
How many children do you plan on having?
Answer: Mr. and Mrs. Top Gun plan on having one child... for now. We would love to have a boy and a girl, and I'm pretty sure we shall end up with two, but honestly? I can only handle one for now! I want a boy, Mr. Top Gun wants a boy and he jokes that if I don't have a boy, he is going to go on an 18 year deployment, because a girl will be just like me- and Mrs. Top Gun is a little high maintenance!
& what is the "theme" or color scheme of your house?
jsut curious :)
Answer: Well, our 'house' is in boxes and all over the place right now. But, I decorate with these colors: Reds, Blacks, muted golds, chocolate browns, pewters... Our bathroom is decorated with chocolates and goldish colors. Our bedroom has reds and blacks, and the bedspread changes with the season! Think a french boudoir type room- very chic and elegant, very classy. My kitchen is black and red, with granite countertops. However, I get to decorate all over again when we move into our *yet to be found* home in Japan! We have some gorgeous homes we are looking at, and I am so excited to get to decorate again! Our dining room table is a round, black rod iron set- Texas influence here :) I love hanging art on the walls, and our various tables in our home (s) always have pictures on them. I'll post pictures of our new home once we get settled in!
Crazy Shenanigans said...
What is one thing that get's on your nerves that Mr Top Gun does?
Answer: Mr. Top Gun is a HORRIBLE sleeper. He does what I call "karate kicks," in his sleep. Once his head hits the pillow, he's out! Thus, begins his kicking. He literally KICKS his legs around as if he were competing in a martial arts competition, and then he kicks his legs over towards me, then his legs kick up in the air... I don't get it, and I have just learned to deal with it! I give him a nudge (ok, sometimes a little punch) and tell him to stop kicking, but he just looks at me and says this every time: "Whatever. Be quiet and go to sleep!" So, I sleep with a Ninja at night, and I have been punched and kicked before during one of his 'fights.'
SinGal said...
How did you guys meet?
Answer: I met Mr. Top Gun on an Air Force Base. He happened to be walking through the BX, after getting a haircut and I was there to get an Iced Tea from the food court. I literally RAN into him. I looked up and saw the most breathtaking blue starry eyes, gazing back at me. I know it sounds cheesy, but it happened like that! We exchanged numbers and spoke for a bit, and then we both left. He had to get back to his Squadron and I needed to catch my heart. I waited for what felt like eons for him to call, and he did. The very next day, he called to ask me out to dinner- and told me to pick the place *never a good idea with me, since I like my expensive restaraunts* We met for dinner a few days later, and when I drove up to the restaraunt, I thought I was going to faint when I saw him standing outside, his hands in his pockets just looking like a little lost puppy dog! That dinner was it for me. I knew he was the one, and I wasn't going to let him get away!
Mr. Top Gun was so nervous, that he barely ate his dinner. I, on the otherhand devoured my entree and side salad. After dinner, I asked him if he would like to have a drink with me, and he said yes. Our dinner and drinks ended up with the two of us making out beside my new car for 4 hours!! Yes, that long. When he kissed me, my legs went numb and Mr. Top Gun said he heard me go 'oh!' I did say that, and from that moment on we were inseperable. We saw one another every day and night, until eventually one rainy evening I received a key from him. He asked me to move in with him, and said he wanted his place to feel like home for me too. Now, Mr. Top Gun had just moved into the most GORGEOUS luxury condo, so I was more than glad to decorate it! I moved out of my apt. and in with him the next week. We lived together for a year, he proposed to me before he knew he was going to his next flight school phase, and we got married a month after he proposed!
Did you guys ever think about ending it because of the Air Force crap that can happen?
Answer: We had a serious talk about our future when we first met, and he asked me if I knew what I was getting myself into. I suppose growing up in the Air Force, I was used to the life and it wasn't a big deal to me. Mr. Top Gun just felt bad that he was taking me away from Law School, Home, family and friends, and he merely wanted to ensure I was going to be ok with this life. My answer was YES! So, we never thought of ending our relationship because of what the Air Force may throw at us, we knew we had a love that most people search for and never find- and we weren't going to let it go.
Can we have a timeline for Baby Top Gun??
Answer: Baby Top Gun is a *sparkle* in Mrs. Top Gun's eyes right now. So, I would say that ya'll can expect an announcement of a little Top Gun about 6-8 months after we get to Japan. The announcement meaning "I'm knocked up," not little Top Gun is here. But, things change and if it happens sooner, we are ok with that!
What are you looking forward to about your next duty station?
Answer: I am looking forward to the culture, the people, the gorgeous beaches with turquoise clear water, sushi *until baby top gun is made* more food, shopping and traveling!
What's your fave smell?
Answer: Mrs. Top Gun's fave smell is my Grandpa's cologne. It's comforting to me, and makes me feel at home. My Grandpa ROCKS, and he is the most important thing to me aside from Mr. Top Gun and my Nana.
Do you like to bake? If so can you share your fave dish?
Answer: I LOVE TO BAKE! I'm always asked to bring one of my many baked goods to family gatherings or gatherings with friends, and I am more than happy to oblige!
Here is one of my all time favorite recipes:
*Texas Dump Cake*
The cake mix and the pats of butter on top creates a very rich and decadent crust which is very much like that of a crust you may find on a Brown Betty or a Cobbler. In Texas, you can't eat your dump cake without a BIG OL' scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream! If you can find Blue Bell where you live, then you have the perfect acoutremont to this delicious cake.
1 box of yellow or white cake mix. *Make sure you get a mix with pudding in it*
1 can chopped pineapple * I use Dole*
1 can cherry pie filling
1-2 sticks of butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 350°. In a 13X9 baking pan pour in your cherry pie filling and pineapple. Give it a good mix, but not too much. Pour dry cake mix over fruit, completely covering fruit. Slice butter into thin slices and place over cake mixture. Your butter slices need to 'touch,' so make sure they are lined up nicely!
Bake for 1 hour until the top is golden and browned. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Do you like Starbucks?
Answer: I don't drink coffee- yuck. But, I love Starbucks for their iced tazo teas (unsweetened, of course) and I love their baked goods and hot chocolate!
Whats one thing your crave and have to have no matter what??
Answer: Mrs. Top Gun craves sushi all the time, and I could eat it everyday! Mr. Top Gun thinks I'm weird for this, but he deals with it. When I get pregnant, I think I am going to go crazy! Then, I can just eat my pickles :)


haha, I loved your cravings! You can always eat California rolls. ;) Good luck with your move!
ReplyDeletehahaha...you're cravings sound like me...when i got pregnant with Little Miss i thought it was the end of the world...until the horribley weird cravings started at 3 in the morning. you get over it fast!
ReplyDeleteYay! Awwwwwwwwwww I LOVE how you two met! That was fate for sure! lol!
ReplyDeleteI must say I don't get the whole sushi thing. Flyboy loves it and well, I prefer my steaks rare but my fish cooked. Trust me when your pregnant you'll find some other craving to take your mind off of sushi... every other day!
ReplyDelete