Sunday, June 21, 2009

What happens when Mr. Top Gun is gone for TOOO long...

As you may recall, Mr. Top Gun has been away from Mrs. Top Gun for a bit now. It seems his plane refuses to co-operate, thus making him fall behind in his flights. So, I get a phone call from him this afternoon and as usual, I answer like a giddy school girl. This is what it sounded like:

Mrs. Top Gun: "Hi, love what's up?"

Mr. Top Gun: "Nothing, I just wanted to let you know I got back to my room safely."

Mrs. Top Gun: " Awesome. Glad to hear that."

Mr. Top Gun: "Guess what I did?"

Mrs. Top Gun: "You went out with the guys for lunch?"

Mr. Top Gun: "Nope. I went to the Commissary and bought food!"

Mrs. Top Gun: "What did you get?"

Mr. Top Gun: "I bought: RAISINS, bananas, wheat thins, blueberry pop tarts (and other stuff")
Ok, this is where I almost drop the phone. In the 4 years of being with Mr. Top Gun, he has NEVER, EVER eaten raisins nor requested that I purchase them for him while grocery shopping. I asked him why he got them, and he says to me: "I went down the raisin aisle, and I saw them and they looked yummy." *Since when does the Commissary have a RAISIN aisle?* So, for you other Military wives- does YOUR Commissary have an aisle solely dedicated to only raisins?
Please discuss.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha. i have to admit...i did the SAME thing the other day. but mine were yogurt covered raisins. And they have a section not an aisle. explain that to mr. top gun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we have just a rasin aisle, but they are with the other dried fruit so it does take up a pretty big portion of the aisle!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?