Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mrs. Top Gun finds out about a lovely creature in Japan...

*If you have a fear of spiders, you probably shouldn't look at this post.*


Meet the Brown Widow Spider.


I HATE SPIDERS. I am deathly afraid of them, and I think they are out to get me. I survived a bite from a brown recluse about 4 years ago, and still have some discoloration on my left lower calf from the lovely little visitor who decided to BITE me in my bed! The other day, Mr. Top Gun received a lovely informational package *of crap, really* from his new Squadron in Japan, so I opened it up and found a little book filled with a bunch of information about these things: Food, culture, manners, typhoons, Japanese housing, the ocean *GORGEOUS*, ocean creatures and deadly land creatures. Yeah! Giant centipedes, stinging worms, Viper snakes, mosquitoes and... THE BROWN WIDOW SPIDER.
Seriously?!?!? I looked at the picture and threw the book half way across the room, and I swear I felt a spider on me... somewhere. I later spoke with Mr. Top Gun, and showed him the photo of the spider. This is what he tells me: "Awesome! They look nice." W-H-A-T? His joke did not sit well with me, and by the time he realized how upset I was, I was crying. I know I may sound like a weenie to some of you, but I can't HANDLE SPIDERS!
The end.

4 comments:

  1. Make sure to spray your new place with some bug spray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend got bitten by one of these about 2 years ago. She had to go get her shin drained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would be having a hissy fit. i don't do any type of bug. and they ALWAYS seem to end up in the shower with me. i would seriously be flipping a lid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HC gotten bitten by a brown recluse on his head a few years ago. Those things are nasty! He still has a little bald spot from it.

    My friend lives over there, she said the bugs are not as bad as they are out in the desert! You will be ok!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?