Tuesday, June 30, 2009

PCS dinner, TMO crap, Airline tickets and Mrs. Top Gun loses it...


This is what Mrs. Top Gun's Hot Dog looked like...


And these are Mr. Top Gun's Hot dogs...

Ok, I know- I have fallen off the face of the earth for these past few days, so I thought I would attempt to bring you up to speed on what the HELL has been going on in the world of Mr. and Mrs. Top Gun... First, let it be known that I, am not a huge fan of hot dogs. Never was as a kid, still aren't as an adult. But, Mr. Top Gun loves them- especially his chili cheese ones. My enormous hot dog with nothing on it is just funny looking! Mr. Top Gun thought I should be the one eating the LONG WEENIE... haha... what a character he is. For the record, I only put mustard on my hot dog, and as you can tell from the photo, Mr. Top Guns hot dogs are ridiculous, and the cheese and chili were actually falling out of them as he ate them! I made a pasta salad to accompany the meal, as well as baked beans. Please excuse the PAPER PLATES. Yes, I know they are super KLASSY! Don't be jealous of them. Our home is in disarray right now, boxes are all over and our red fiesta dishware has been packed already.

Today is only Wednesday, and we have been running around the base trying to get everything in order for our soon to be PCS. Monday we went to TMO to speak to a "counselor," who ironically was NOT in the office. Typical right? We get our required paperwork filled out, approved, stamped and Mr. Top Gun goes into his Squadron to say hello. I, got to sit in the car while some idiotic new people attempted to figure out who the hell he was... I understand he wears different flight patches, and that his wings don't look as 'bright' as everyone else's (Special Ops patches are subdued, so people really have to look hard to see them) *Awesome?* YES. Me watching him have to run around like crazy, and being a bit helpless?? Not so fun. We manage to schedule an appt. for 0800 the next day for our briefing with TMO. I don't do ANYTHING before 1000, and getting up today was HELL. I get dressed, and am just ready to put on my lipstick and his phone rings. Guess who? TMO needs to re-schedule the appt. to later in the day- much later, and this didn't sit right with me. Why? a 20 minute 'courtesy call' is crap. At this point, I've been up since 0600, showered, dressed and made Mr. Top Gun breakfast, so I am not the happiest person at this time.

So, I went back to bed and Mr. Top Gun went into the Squadron for like 20 minutes. He later joined me in a nice, long nap until our crappy briefing. Fast forward to after the briefing now... I am exhausted, thirsty, hungry, and I just want to get home. We get home and it hits me: We are leaving really, really soon for an overseas assignment and I am holding the ticket confirmation for our flights. Cue the tears, pacing around the house and then an all out *BREAK DOWN* I lost it tonight and turned into a messy, bawling bag of tears. And I mean the type of tears that come with the ugliest cry you can imagine. Thank goodness we had my Nana and Grandpa here with us- or I would have been committed tonight. Then, my Mom calls. She starts crying and I hear my Dad crying in the background. Great. Then guess what? Mr. Top Gun's Mom calls him and she is crying! In all, today was the day this PCS really hit me, and I just couldn't hold it in anymore. PCS'ing sucks, and moving away from your family for a few years hurts like hell. So, for those of you near your family and friends right now: Love them with all your heart and soul, spend as much time with them as you can. Because a PCS changes everything with the blink of an eye.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm sorry you had such a rough day. PCSing is hard. I've never had to do one overseas. I'm sure they are 10 times harder but you can do this! They can come visit you...you can go visit them! It'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hot dog pictures, haha! That is kind of how our dinners end up looking, too!

    Good luck with the move. Sounds like a royal pain in the ass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I love the TMO people, they are always soooo friendly! At least you are near your family now and get to formerly say good bye. And I have a feeling that your Mom is going to make sure she and your Dad visit Japan.

    Good luck with everything! And have a safe flight. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving sucks. I am still in the US but my family can't really afford to fly out here, so it feels like I'm totally disconnected from them. Granted, if they did come it would only be a 5 hour flight versus a 15 hour flight, but still I can only count on seeing family maybe once or twice a year. :[

    I think my biggest concern when I think of the (now slim) possibility of PCSing to Japan was how the heck would my dog survive the trip? PUT MY BABY IN THE BELLY OF A PLANE FOR 15 HOURS? Hah. I don't think so. :P

    But good luck, you can do this! Just take one step at a time (baby steps!). Don't think about everything you have to do to get to Japan, just deal with the next immediate thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the ulgy cry is the worse. The good news, moving makes you learn alot about yourself. I only moved one state over and I learned a lot. Second, it will get easier with time. My first 6 months were hell, so just know that and know it will pass.

    Your blogger family will still be here. And you can ugly cry with us anytime, and we won't see how ugly it is! :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?