Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Saying goodbye to my car and talking about a baby...

This is Mrs. Top Gun's car. Her name is "Bella." She is my baby, I love her. She is shiny, hasn't got a ding or scratch upon her and has lived in a garage since being driven off the Acura lot. When Mr. Top Gun came home a few months ago, he informed me that we would be moving to JAPAN, and that we couldn't take our cars with us. What!?!? Mr. Top Gun had just purchased a brand spankin new 2008 Black Pathfinder, 4 wheel drive, fully loaded and suddenly we find ourselves having to find homes for our cars. BOO. My car is going to be gifted to my dad! He loves my car, always has and being the incredible Husband to my Mom, he really never has owned his own new car- ever. My Mom has always gotten a new car every 4 years, and my Dad just purchases a used one. I am happy to say that my car shall be going to a good home! Mrs. Top Gun's Dad needs to sell his older Acura anyways, and the money he gets from the sell is going to fund my 'new' car in Japan.
Mr. Top Gun is going to sell his SUV to a local dealer or try to sell to a fellow Military member. If not, his SUV goes into the garage at his parents, and will sit there for a good three years. Now, that is my rant for the day. And to make it worse? I get a letter from my XM radio company, explaining that I need to renew my service soon. Ironic much? Turns out that the service expires on the exact date the Top Gun's will be gone from the states. Oh well. I call my Dad and he takes over the service! He is like a kid in a candy shop right now, and I'm glad he doesn't have the keys yet... He wants to drive that car, and he wants it now!

The upside of giving up my car? Mr. Top Gun has promised me a brand new BMW when we return stateside!! Don't I just have the most fabulous husband? See, I told you he indulges me. I heart you, Mr. Top Gun. Now, let's get to making a baby!

***** Yes, a baby. We had the talk. Looks like Mrs. Top Gun is going to start a family in Japan, sometime soon. *****

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! I am an AF wife also! We went through the same car situation when we first got married. Hubby got orders to Japan. Then they changed them to England. Everyone kept telling us to sell our new car! Our first purchase together! I was so upset. Then we get to England and buy an American car! UGH! But in Japan you have no choice! But a brand spankin new BMW is worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting on the process for that baby! ;) It will be fun, just remember not to eat any raw sushi while over there. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well at least you will end up with a BMW YAY! and congrats on tryin to start a family! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, so an entire post about a car and you leave us with one tiny sentence about your baby making plans? Nevertheless *jumps up and down and screams and flails arms in the air*

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?