Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Getting to know Mr. and Mrs. Top Gun

Ok. I finally broke down and did it. Yes, I decided to create a blog! So, I figured for my first post that I would share a little bit about me and the hubby. Mr. Top Gun is an Air Force flyboy, and flies a 'secret' plane. I, am the 27 year old *yikes, that's old!* Mrs. Top Gun. Alright readers, let's begin with a little fact sharing!

1. I have my BA in English with a minor in Legal studies, and my MA in English.

2. I AM A DIE HARD TEXAS GIRL!! If you don't like Texas, then guess what? I DON'T LIKE YOU! Yes, we Texans are a very proud bunch and don't take kindly to others poking fun at our state. P.s.... I will still like you even if you don't like Texas, but keep it to yourself ok?

3. I bleed BURNT ORANGE. My Longhorns are my team, the school got all my college fund money courtesy of le grandparents, so this is muy appropriate! Mr. Top Gun, on the other hand is a traitor (hehe.) He roots for his Alma Mater, the Mizzou Tigers. Ok, I suppose Longhorns and Tigers can get along, right?

4. I have a horrible addiction to sushi. It's sad really, but Mr. Top Gun embraces it.

5. Yes, I have my degrees in English. However, that doesn't mean I am always grammatically correct, nor does it mean I am perfect! Hey, sometimes it's fun to 'butcher' the english language. Feel free to post anything with poor spelling and grammar here!

6. The Air Force is, and has always been my life. My Daddy is a ret. Colonel, so I merely 'transitioned' from being the 'Colonel's Daughter," to becoming Mr. Top Gun's wife. It's a crazy, unpredictable, fast paced and sometimes crappy life, but I appreciate it and embrace it with my all.

7. Mr. Top Gun is my soulmate. He is my sounding board, my rock, my place to 'crash' into when life gets rough. He deals with my migraines, my bitchiness, my high maintenance lifestyle, my Texas accent *note* I don't really think I have one, but he and other's swear I do. Thanks for the compliment! In all, he just deals with me- and I am not an easy girl to deal with. So, Mr. Top Gun: I love you with all my heart and soul, and I promise to always love you more each day. I don't know what I would do without you!

8. Mrs. Top Gun LOVES her some GEORGE STRAIT! Mr. Top Gun and I have an agreement that if I ever get close enough to touch him (ok, jump on him) I can have him. Obsessed much? You betcha!!

9. My cat is our child. Zeus Baron, our Russian Blue is the most spoiled cat- ever. And yes, his full name is really Zeus Baron. The Vet cracks up everytime I take him in for a check-up, and he hands me his allergy meds which read: Feline, Zeus Baron! Sadly, he shall be staying with my grandparent's when the Top Gun's move overseas.

10. I speak german fluently, speak enough spanish to converse with my family, but I don't look german at all... I look like a little mexican girl (as Mr. refers to me as) and that is just fine with me.


4 comments:

  1. Well, let me just say that I am super excited that are starting a blog because if we can never meet, well I can get to know you better here! Let me also just say that your site is gorgeous. Oh, and my cats are my babies too, nothing wrong with that :). Love you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! you are my first blog friend!! YEAH!! And, we will meet in person some day. Love ya too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay...you started a blog!!!! See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super glad you started following my blog b/c after reading this particular post....I am certain we are meant to be friends! We are like two peas in a pod :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?