With this ring...
I thee wed!
Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Top Gun did the JP Wedding. I have been asked recently by some whether I consider that day to be our actual wedding day, and my answer is always the same: YES! You see, Mrs. Top Gun seemed to have perfect timing when meeting Mr. Top Gun... He was in the midst of awaiting orders for his next flight training base, and Mrs. Top Gun made it quite clear that SHE WASN'T going to stay behind when he left! *I will post how we met, and the proposal story on my next blog*
We lived together for a year before Mr. Top Gun proposed, a promise he made to his momma (Sweet boy, right?) On the day of our JP wedding, all HELL broke loose. First, the Judge I had made the appointment with forgot to tell us we needed our marriage license. Yes, I know some of you are reading this going "wow, that's kinda common sense!" We were under so much stress and literally had a few weeks to organize our wedding day, that it totally slipped our minds. So, cue Mrs. Top Gun throwing a FIT in the parking lot, crying and cursing the Judge for not telling us about the license. Now, cue Mrs. Top Gun's Daddy! He got on the phone and called every Justice of the Peace in our area until he found one who could marry us.
We manage to get the license , and in a place where Mrs. Top Gun was hooted at by inmates who were being held in a county jail which we had to walk by. KLASSY? Yes, I know! The ending? The Top Gun's are married by the BEST JUDGE IN TEXAS- EVER!!! and we are off to start our lives together. Doesn't Mr. Top Gun just look soooo head over heels in love in the picture? I was nervous as the dickens, and he was holding my hand to keep it from shaking. We had our HUGE TEXAS style wedding with family and friends about a year later, when Mr. Top Gun had a week off from training. Oh, and if you find yourself asking who is taking the picture of us in the background? That's my Grandpa :) Look for my proposal story and some pictures of our big wedding later on!


Awww! Cute story! I love your wedding rings!
ReplyDeleteI keep meaning to tell you, I think this might be my favorite dress on you ever. :)
ReplyDelete