Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why I love my Dad

This is what my Dad gave me yesterday when he and my Mom dropped by the house. Yes, he gave me a can of Mediterranean Pickles. Now, Mrs. Top Gun loves, loves, loves herself some pickles- but has never seen nor even heard of the above mentioned pickles in all of her pickle eating years. The funniest part of this 'personal gift?' I asked my Dad if he bought these at the dollar store. "No, they are from Central Market. Why would I buy something like this from the dollar store?" Here is the part where you get a little background on my Dad: First, the man is a Ret. USAF Colonel, and is one of the smartest people I know. When I say smart, I mean like Ridiculously smart. Mrs. Top Gun did NOT inherit the math gene from her dad, she is retarted with math. Second, He loves picking up what we both call 'personal gifts' for me. This silly tradition of the 'personal gift' started years ago when I opened a Christmas gift from him wrapped in a paper bag.
Third, my Dad is one of the FUNNIEST guys around. If you have a joke, be it dirty, sexual, or whatever- he's probably heard it. I swear he and his other ret. Colonel buddies must have a secret society with these jokes. They are all the same, but nonetheless hilarious. I opened the pickles this evening and they are delicious! They remind me of a cross between the sweet and sour gherkin pickles I loved to eat as a kid in Germany, and a good ol' Vlasic dill pickle. Mrs. Top Gun is happy.

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious that your Dad brought you pickles. I'm glad they taste good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told ya'll he was a goofball. Daddy loves his little girl!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?