Thursday, May 20, 2010

Unexpected surprise

First, let me preface this post by saying this: NO, I am NOT pregnant! Well, not yet... That's for another post, perhaps :)

Mr. has been crazy busy this week at work (what's new,) and this craziness has caused my plans for dinners to be thrown out the cockpit window. Tuesday, I had a romantic dinner planned for the two of us, that is until his phone call... yes, he would be home a bit 'later' but that bit turned into 8:00 at night. Le *sigh* Anyhow, yesterday was a much better day! I cleaned the house and prepped for our dinner, did laundry, washed my hair... fun! Then, I looked at the time and realized it was getting late- again. I figured he wouldn't be home until later and had almost decided to put dinner on the back burner and just make something simpler and faster. Then, the door opens and I hear his flight boots stomping up the stairs.

I run to the stairs and hide behind the wall (like I usually do,) and he sees me and says: "Hi! Close your eyes, because I have a surprise for you." Flowers? Card? Sweets? Nope. I open my eyes and he slips this AMAZINGLY SWEET and hand crafted ring on my finger...

I asked him when he found time to make this, and he replies with: " I was checking e-mails and I thought about you." What did you use to make this, I ask? "It was a quik tie thing holding together some cables on my desk, so I took it off." Yes, my husband made me a heart ring in the middle of organized chaos at the squadron. And I mean serious CHAOS... serious chaos, people! Like nobody has a chance to get a drink or go pee. Nuts! He got some major kudos for this one :) Love him!!

1 comment:

  1. That ring is the sweetest thing ever! It is always the smallest things that mean the most!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?