
I picked up this award while reading one of my favorite fellow Mil Spouses blogs, *Daddy's Duty* and she was kind enough to pass it onto ALL of her blog buddies! What a sweetheart! Thanks, Ashley! Don't mind if I do :)
I ventured into the world of blogging last June when Mr. Top Gun and I received lovely 'surprise' orders to PCS to Japan... At the time, he was still finishing up his last phase of flight school in New Mexico and I was back in Texas preparing for our move across the world. It became an outlet, a way for me to vent and express my thoughts and feelings about the move, and to share our exciting lives with other fellow mil spouses. It later became my safe and happy place when he deployed a few months after our PCS. I enjoy writing and sharing our adventures with everyone!!
2. How did you meet your significant other?
Mr. Top Gun and I met while he was in flight school in Texas. I happened to run into him on base, and it was love at first sight! We exhanged numbers, and some awkward first words, and had our first date later on in the week. After our first date, we never separated (if we had any choice in it!) and about two months into dating, he gave me a key to his place and asked me to move in. We lived together for a year, and got engaged about a month before we moved our new base for the second phase of flight school. We were married in 2007, in Texas by the most AWESOME Justice of the Peace ever! Our huge wedding happened about a year later, when Mr. Top Gun and I were in between moving from our old base and waiting on his LAST school slot to open up. We've been running around the globe since then, and finally settled in Japan!
3. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Living in Japan makes it uber difficult to find and shop for clothes, so I have to rely on online shopping! Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Macy's, Anthropologie, Forever 21 (yes, still love it!,) Tons of other places too.
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I have so many wonderful memories, but the one that has always stayed with me would be this one: My grandpa used to take me to a place called Kiddie Park in San Antonio. It was a small carnival themed park, and he would take me every weekend, rain or shine! I even got to go during the week when he got off of work. There was a little school bus that I had to ride each and everytime we went, except I REFUSED to ride in it unless I was able to SIT IN FRONT and drive the bus! Often, I ended up being the only child on the bus, because someone else was driving or sitting upfront- and that was unacceptable to me :) I also refused to ride the merry go round unless my grandpa was with me... Not even my momma or daddy could take me on the ride. Only grandpa!
5. What is your favorite movie?
The Notebook. I watch this all the time, and always when Mr. Top Gun is away from me. It makes me bawl like a baby, but it also cleanses my soul. I also love Old School. LOve it!! LOve it!!
6. What is your biggest fear?
Something happening to my family and my husband.
7. What do you do for fun?
At this point, anytime I have with Mr. Top Gun is fun for me! We enjoy going out to dinner, the beach, and exploring the island.
8. Who is the one person you can tell anything to without judgement?
My husband
9. Do you have any pets?
Yep! 2 dogs: 1, Sadie Ann. She is in Texas with my parents :(
2, Keely Marie. Our adopted Oki mix dog here!
1 Cat. Zeus Baron, the Russian Blue... High maintenance, spoiled, regal, uppity, but the sweetest most loving cat I have ever had! He lives with my grandparents in Texas :(
10. What is your middle name and is there any meaning behind it?
Marie... I am named after my Aunt's middle name.
10. What is your middle name and is there any meaning behind it?
Marie... I am named after my Aunt's middle name.


No comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind?