Friday, September 11, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends... and oh, I had a car accident!!!!!!!!!

Where in the world is Mr. Top Gun? You know what? I have NO idea! Nice, right? It seems that I shall be spending the next few weeks alone, and I am almost an entire week in! So, please excuse the fact that I have yet again neglected my lil' old blog... I have been under a lot of stress with this lovely trip, and kinda wanted to hide under a rock for a few days. But, I have not been home moping around (it has been very tempting though!) I have been out every morning, afternoon, and evening with some of the most I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E women around, and for their friendship, help, and shoulders to weep on I am eternally greatful! When Mr. Top Gun dissappeared in the night, I felt like I was going to lose it and immediately picked up the phone and began calling everyone. I swear, I probably sounded like an insane woman who was desperate for any and all human contact!

In other news...

 I was coming home from dinner last night and while attempting to make a turn, I see this car come out of nowhere. The next thing I know, the car is spinning a complete 180 degrees, my ears go numb, and I see my entire life flash before my eyes. I seriously thought I was not going to walk away from this accident alive- that is how hard and fast I was hit. The car is a total loss, the front end was completely sheared off and the driver side door is shut completely. I managed to crawl out of the passenger side door, make it to the sidewalk and immediately phoned Security Forces. A gazillion frantic phone calls to every person I know here, one incredibly helpless call to Mr. Top Gun, an Ambulance trip, a trip to the E.R., a trip to the "Cop Shop," on base and a stop at Starbucks's for iced tea... and I finally arrive home at 4:00 a.m. My kneees are the size of large golfballs and a lovely black and blue shade. My elbow looks like death, my clavicle area and my left breast are black and blue and sore as heck, and my neck, back, and stomach area are tender, swollen and bruised. I also managed to bruise my right thumb- right over the bone, and screw my toe up. I can barely walk up the stairs and walking Keely is a huge feat right now. Oh, and the worst part? I totaled Mr. Top Gun's car. I decided to take it earlier since it is larger and fits more groceries... Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Besides the bruises and all I'm glad that you're ok! That sounds like it was a SERIOUS accident! Girl!!!! You better email me! I need details. Also if you get super bored and loney I'm always around lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no sweetie! That sounds awful Isn't it true...when the guys head out it is inevitable that something bad will happen. I hope you feel better. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! i can't believe that happened and OF COURSE it happens when your DH is gone!

    i wonder though if it would have been worse had you been in your car??? you said his is bigger, is it also safer? i would hate to think something worse would have happened if you'd have taken a different car!

    i'm so sorry and i hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO! Bummer about the car, but at least you are ok! Accidents are so scary!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog....come by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New here but had to comment! Glad you managed to climb out of that car! Hope you feel better soon!

    Love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?