I politely apologize for her mess, and ask the receptionist if they have doggy doo bags. Her response? "No, we don't offer bags ma'am, but there are some paper towels near the sink you can use." *OMG* *YUCK* *MINOR PANIC ATTACK* I seriously have to use some shotty looking paper towels to clean up this mountain of poo? So, I proceed to grab the entire stack of paper towels, the disinfectant, the trash can and the air freshener from the sink area, and begin cleaning up her mess. Oh, and I am doing this while all the other well behaved dogs and cats sit in their owners laps or in their crates, and the whole time I swear I feel 20 sets of eyes glaring nastily at me! Just as I think I am finished cleaning up, it happens... AGAIN! I had just returned from the bathroom, washed my hands like a million times and when I walk back out into the waiting area? She had PEED! And I'm not talking about a dainty little girl pee-pee either. I'm talking about an entire POOL of pee just sitting in the middle of the room!!!
*GASP!* * Turning RED with embarrassment!* At this point, the entire clinic is staring at me, I am red as a tomato, and the Japanese cleaning lady has come out of her office with a bucket of bleach and a mop, ready to clean up my naughty dogs mess. When I ask Mrs. R if Keely had made this mess (again,) some snarky ass little A1C shakes his head at me and says: "Uh, yeah your dog did this too. Again." I swear to goodness at this point I am ready to smack this kids mouth, tell people to stop staring at me and inform them that animals have to go too- and they can't talk and tell us when. I would also like to inform them that some dogs get nervous at the vets, so guess what? GET OVER IT. Your dog most likely has pooped somewhere in public and made you feel like a tool, so don't put yourself up on a freakin' pedestal at this moment in time! I finally get her paperwork signed, stamped and pay for her Heartguard and I am out of there. I swear that place must have seemed like it was on fire, because I ran back to the car so darn fast that I lost my earring in the process, and nearly spilled the entire contents of my purse out onto the concrete.
Keely and I get into the safety of our car, where we don't have to worry about people glaring at us and shaking their heads with disgust, and drive home. Home has never felt so good as it did today, and guess what? As soon as we get inside, Keely runs over to her dog bed and passes out. Glad to know that ordeal was exhausting for you, my little furbaby, because Mama isn't the least bit tired from all of the nonsense and drama. So, for those of you who may possibly run into me one day at the Vet's remember this: I shall be the lady whose dog is stinking up the place and who has also most likely made the pool of pee you are standing in. *On a side note- Keely didn't get in trouble from me for doing this. She is a dog and had to do her business, I just wish she would have waited to do it outside in the grass.*


Oh no! I would have been so embarrassed. Maybe it was the excitement of seeing her old owner that made her do that?
ReplyDeletei would have so offered to help you clean up her mess! i can't believe no one was nice enoughto even offer!!!
ReplyDeletePeople are so rude!! And it is always some cocky A1C that is the smart ass!! I don't get it!! They haven't served enough time in the military to run their mouth!!
ReplyDeleteYou, my dear, are not the only one with a naughty dog. Not only does Kaya do that in the vet office, she also made a habit of doing it in PetSmart, Petco, or anywhere else she feels the need to "mark her territory." Oh... and there is also nothing lady like about it. She doesn't just mark the territory, she SOAKS it! So, you are not alone!
ReplyDelete