This is a picture of a Japanese A/C unit. More specifically, it is a picture of the unit in our home (photo taken waay before we moved in,) this one is in our living room area. Here is my problem with these things: 1. They ANNOY ME. I cannot place a lamp or a picture underneath it, and I find them to be rather unsightly in nature as well. 2. I have to clean them every month- with or without Mr. Top Gun's help, and this is a HUGE pain in the rear! 3. I just DON'T CARE FOR THEM. 4. They are in every single room in our home, BUT NOT THE BATHROOM. So, if I want my bathroom to be cool *yes, please!* then I must ensure that the door to the guest room remains open, thus allowing the cool air to escape into the hallway and into my bathroom. I really, really miss central air! On the upside, here are the reasons I like them: 1. They are controlled by a remote! Click a button, and you can change the temperature, de-humidify the room, heat the room up, slow or speed up the air flow and tons of other things I am still trying to figure out. 2. They cool the house and the rooms very fast, and the fans are excellent in them.
Now, here is what has prompted me to go off on a tangent about my Japanese A/C units... It seems that within the last few days, Mr. Top Gun has taken a notion to turning them all the way down when he is in a room. Generally, I wouldn't take issue with this since he gets up before me and if he so chooses to sit and eat breakfast in a HOT room, then all the better for him. However, the problem is that not only does he like to turn them waaay down, but he also likes to TURN them OFF. A LOT. Uh, no thank you my love- it's 100 degrees outside, and when you turn them off you make the living room and the bedroom very, very uncomfortable. So, my household has been in a dispute over the 'magically' changing A/C units! It gets so unbearably hot here and the humidity is always 100 percent, and I need my home to be cool and comfortable- not sticky and uncomfortable. Besides, I sleep much better if the room is cooler at night and when I sleep better, I am a nicer person in the morning :)
Mr. Top Gun says he is always cold, so I have learned (am learning) to let him control the temperature of the room he is in- when he is in it... But, when he leaves? I change the temperature back to cooler. The funny thing about him being cold on the tropical island is that when I roll over at night, I always find him with his legs out of the sheets and sometimes when I touch them they are sticky! So, he DOES get HOT!!! He will inevitably make a comment to me about this post, or he will hear about this from my MIL who reads my blog (love her tons- seriously, I do!) Either way, it's fine with me. As long as my home stays cool and comfy, I am a happy person. Oh, and Mr. Top Gun... I love you so very much, but please t-r-y- to STOP being a Nazi with the A/C temp???




I think my biggest pet peeve with them would be losing the wall space under each one! Hope you guys can find a compromise!
ReplyDeleteI've never seen one of those. I like that it doesn't stick out of the window.
ReplyDelete