I have never seen so many cars on the base as I did so today. I have never seen every single parking lot (including the Med. Clinic lot) filled to capacity, and I have never seen HOARDS of people and kids walking around in 97 degree heat just to visit the.... NEW TWO STORY BX? Now, don't get me wrong or anything- I love going to the BX (when I need to,) and I am happy we have a brand new and fancy BX on our base now. What I don't like is the fact that the entire base seemed to take the day off of work to attend the "Gala Grand Opening" today (which started at 7:00 a.m.,) and the fact that ALL of the parking was FILLED to the BRIM at the clinic! Excuse me, but I have an appointment to go to, and I would greatly appreciate if people would use the darn shuttle to get to the BX!! Yes, I said shuttle. Since this is obviously the 'event of the century,' as AFN has been saying over and over for the past MONTH, I suppose having shuttles to pick up the hoards of people from the random parking lots is a good thing? FAIL.
Make that an EPIC FAIL, in my opinion! You know there is a serious issue when you drive past the Security Forces building and the Bank Parking lot and then the Clinic, and you suddenly realize that not all of those cars and people are there to pay a friendly visit to SF... The BX has the same items that the old BX had yesterday, they are merely sitting upon newer and shiner shelves today. The toys, garden supplies, home decor, computers and pet supplies are still the same, they are just on a different aisle today. People, you really need to have a hobby, go to your job, perhaps take care of your children- and realize that TAKING THE AFTERNOON/DAY OFF OF WORK is NOT COOL! When you are not at your job (pharmacy and flight medicine to be exact,) I suffer. I suffer because it takes 45 minutes to see the Dr. since nobody is in the clinic, and 30 minutes to get some tylenol and motrin for my messed up knee. Oh, and the best part about this? Last night while out to dinner with some friends, we were discussing the ridiculousness of this whole thing, and someone happened to mention that while she was coming off base to pick me up she noticed that---- wait for it---- PEOPLE WERE SLEEPING IN THE BX PARKING LOT. Yeah, like camping out in tents and in their cars. Insanity has officially struck this island, and I think it may have something to do with the fact that wives are either extremely bored since most of their husbands are gone, the men who are here are crazy and bored at work, and the teenagers who should be at school learning, skipped school for this.
I cannot understand camping out in this heat to wait for the BX to open! I say hold out for a week or two and then go and pay a visit to the new store. Until this madness calms down, I will NOT be shopping at the BX unless absolutely necessary. And to all of you who are parking in the Commissary parking lot... MOVE YOUR CARS! You have other places to park, and I don't think it is fair that I have to lug groceries 1/2 a mile to my car because you want to be 'closer' to the BX. Stop this madness now, please and stay at home :)
Entering the Roaring 20s
6 years ago


Who camps out for that?!??!! How bizarre! I'm sorry you had to deal with this! Ugh! Do you need me to come over there and blow 7 kinds of smoke???
ReplyDelete