Mr. Top Gun is home! Well, only home for a little while before his STUPID DEPLOYMENT...
So, we decided to check out the new BX today. Yes, I have been like a million times by myself, but he has been gone for awhile and I wanted him to see it too! Besides, I really haven't 'checked' out the BX and all it has to offer, and the few times I have been inside I have run in to get Keely's fancy $15.00 dog food and some extra towels for the typhoon (that NEVER REALLY HIT...) Needless to say, Mr. Top Gun was muy, muy impressed with his new BX! He was excited to see it and we walked up and down the aisles- yes, ALL of the aisles. We have been looking for a nicer and higher wattage microwave since we moved in, and the old BX had small 700 watt ones which take years to cook in, so we decided to upgrade and throw out our little black one for a nice new stainless steel one!
Next up? a new rice cooker for me!!
You see, I have a little obsession with rice. Like I could eat rice everyday and with every meal, and I am a HUGE fan of plain, white steamed rice- especially Japanese rice. It just makes me happy :) A few months ago, while we were still in New Mexico, I learned the art of making the perfect pot of authentic Japanese steamed rice, and have been quite proud of myself since then (thanks to my Nana for showing me how, since they lived in Japan years ago.) Well, now that I have tasted the BEST rice on the planet here in Japan, I have been lusting after a Zojirushi rice cooker, and have pointed it out every time I see it in the BX. I didn't think about buying for myself, because I just don't do stuff like that (except for sunglasses and purses and shoes :) and I figured Mr. Top Gun would pick one up for Christmas for me anyways. Well, we walk past the microwaves and I spot it: My rice cooker, right in plain view! Mr. Top Gun looks at me, turns around and grabs the big old box and places it in our basket. OMG. I have my rice cooker in my possession!! At this point, I am all smiles and Mr. Top Gun says: "Why didn't you just buy this for yourself while I was gone? You know I don't mind what you buy."
So now I am the proud owner of a lovely microwave, my new rice cooker, and some other various items I very desperately needed for my home. Oh, and the TEXAS HALLOWEEN TOWEL in my kitchen?? Y'all love that right? I was unpacking a box which was randomly placed in our bedroom when the movers came, and I came across it! Apparently the movers thought a box which read "Kitchen towels" actually meant "Linens" and "Master Bedroom..." Yeah, welcome to Japan!


We have been wanting a rice cook forever! AAWWW, the movers the military hires!! They have brains!! OH the stories I have from all of our PCS moves!! Enjoy your new microwave and rice cooker!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got some new things! It's always fun!
ReplyDeleteYou are always too cute! You know Mr. Top Gun doesn't mind,but you always wait. I think that is so cute,you are a good wife! :)
ReplyDelete