Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake
I was feeling rather inspirational last night, so I decided to play around with an old family recipe for Coca-Cola cake, and it turned out to be marvelous! I did make some changes, and added my own 'flair' to it to suit my tastes. Mr. Top Gun will love this when he comes home! It was a huge hit with my grandparents whom I used as my 'Guinea Pigs.'
Ingredients:
2 cups self-rising flour
2 cups sugar (I used about 1/2 a cup.)
3 tablespoons of Hershey's Dutch Cocoa
1 and 1/3 cup Coca-Cola (At room temperature, and NO DIET.)
1 cup butter
3 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Make sure it is PURE VANILLA.)
Coca-Cola Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1 tablespoon Hershey's Dutch Cocoa
8 tbsp of Coca-Cola *Room Temp*
1 box confectioner's sugar, (1pound)
1/2 cup chopped pecans, or mini marshmallows. *I DON'T ADD THESE* But, some people like the texture in the cake, so add them if you like!
Getting it all ready:
Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan, or a Bundt pan. *I prefer the Bundt* You may also use those square cake pans too!
In a large bowl combine flour and sugar. In a saucepan combine the cocoa, Coca-Cola, and butter, bring to a boil. Combine the boiled mixture with the flour and sugar you just mixed.
In a separate bowl mix the eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla; add to the first mixture. Pour into greased pan or Bundt, and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Making the Frosting: In a saucepan, bring butter, cocoa, and Coca-Cola to a boil. Stir in the sugar and mix well. Stir in nuts. *IF YOU LIKE THEM* Allow your cake to cool slightly, especially if using a Bundt pan. Mix frosting and drizzle over the cake to suit your liking. If you used another type of pan, then frost as usual and top with pecans or even marshmallows if you like!
ENJOY IT!!
Entering the Roaring 20s
6 years ago



That looks and sounds soo good! It might be a little too ambitious for me to make though!
ReplyDelete