A Baby Top Gun when he gets home!!!
***YEAH!!!!***
We have been waiting for the perfect time to start our family, and for awhile it seemed like the world was just against us. We move halfway across the world and the second we set foot on the ground, we are told that Mr. Top Gun will be deploying within a few months. WTF? Welcome to Japan, I guess! Second, I decide to get into a major car accident, total the car and freak the hell out of the entire Squadron and manage to get Mr. Top Gun home from god knows where to be with me... NICE! Now that he is gone for a little bit, I have been given the opportunity to prepare myself and my body for this soon to be little one. So, I scheduled an appr. with my Neuroligst to discuss weaning me off of my migraine medications last week.
This has always been the HUGE elephant in the room for me when it comes to talking about a baby with Mr. Top Gun... I have suffered from migraines since age 18, and have been on nightly maintenance medication since about age 20.
Now, with a little Top Gun baby on the horizon, I need to be OFF these meds before we even start trying to get pregnant. So, I met with him last week and I am pleased to announce that I have been weaning down from my meds for a week! So far, no huge side effects- but, I have noticed that I am tired in the daytime and have NO APPETITE. Ok, I can deal with the no appetite one (look a little lighter for Mr. Top Gun, right?? ;) But I don't like being so sleepy in the daytime. No migraines aside from last night- courtesy of my monthly visitor *ugh* The awesome news about this is by the time I head back to Japan in January, I will be completely off of the meds, and I can continue to take my regular migraine pain pills (when I get a migraine, of course) up until I am actually pregnant with a little Top Gun!
I have taken the liberty of already picking out a boys and a girls onesie... Hey, these are freakin' adorable!!




ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *runs arounds screaming*....then hushes...sorry, that's not very nice if you're off your meds. So excited for you babe! Hopefully your head cooperates!
ReplyDeleteAw, that's great! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well with going off the meds! Hopefully you'll continue to be ok and won't get those horrible headaches!
ReplyDeleteThat's AWESOME! Though I can't say I'm uber-surprised! The birth rate goes way up about 9 months after a large group of Marines returns from deployment. Something about being deployed makes them crave babies! Well, unless you are Mr. Marine and myself! But that's just a whole other story! I hope you are having a BLAST in Texas! I will be arriving there tomorrow and am so giddy it's ridiculous! Ahhhhhh!
ReplyDelete