I was sitting at my computer the other night, typing away an e-mail to Mr. Top Gun when I received a message from a very dear friend of mine. You see, this friend and I- we shall call her Mrs. "M," have been friends since the 10th grade! We both went on to different colleges after High School, me to Texas and her to UW- but we always stayed in touch with one another. Be both grew up, married the men of our dreams and started our lives in... THE AIR FORCE? Yep, she married a guy in the Air Force too! So, her Husband jumps out of Mr. Top Gun's plane and Mr. Top Gun flies it! Too cool right?
Well, I knew she had been going through some hard times recently, with an extended deployment for her Husband and some odd health problems that began to pop up. I chalked her migraines and aches, pain, and fatigue up to the fact that she is super mom! Seriously, this girl kicks major ass and she does it all while being a superb mother to two of the most gorgeous children I have ever seen. I am not the type to pry into other's business and I knew she would let all of her friends know what was going on with her health when she felt ready to do so. The message in the e-mail last night was this:
I have lung cancer.
What?!?! You are only 28 years old. You are a mother, a wife and a friend. A daughter, a sister, an incredible person. WHY YOU??? I sat at my computer for 10 minutes and just sobbed out loud. I have been out of sorts all day today, and I just feel so helpless and my heart hurts. It hurts for her so much. I wish I could take this away! She is the model of perfect health- never smoked, lives a clean life, eats healthy... Why??? So, I come here today on my blog and ask all of you to please say a little prayer for Mrs. M. I can't stand to lose another friend to disease, so please send your prayers to her and her family while she battles this cancer.



Wow, I am 29 years old, a wife, and mother of 2 and I cannot imagine being told that I have lung cancer. Your friend is in my prayers!! I cannot imagine what she is going through and I hope that they can get her husband home to her.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how much your friend and her family must be going through. That is absolutely horrible. They are all definitely in my prayers, and you know you always are! I hope it all works out! Reminder: If God brings you to it, God will bring you through it!
ReplyDelete