Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fainting in Tokyo...

I am back!! Well, I have been back for over a week now, but between the jet lag and me healing my busted lip up- I have been exhausted! Now, to explain the busted lip... It seems that while I was standing in line in Tokyo awaiting to check in for my flight to Okinawa, I decided that it seemed like an awesome thing to do would be too.. FAINT. Yes, you heard me right. I fainted in Tokyo!! I dropped like a fly, bam! Went down and rolled over my huge suitcase, and came to only to find that I had been swarmed upon by the Japanese ANA staff... Luckily, when I fell, I had a group of Doctors in line in front of me, so when I opened my eyes one of them was holding my head and taking my pulse. 


He was the sweetest man ever, and I couldn't thank him and his friends enough for helping me. Hey, fall in Japan and it's a pretty sure thing that a Dr. will always be within a stones throw from you. Seriously, they always have Dr.'s around! I ended up being upgraded to first class, and was wheeled through security in a wheelchair. I then was placed into a 'Medical Bus,' and driven down the flightline to the plane... Other normal people who don't faint are driven down to the plane on a regular shuttle bus, but alas, I was able to enter the plane by being 'zoomed' up in the bus and wheeled right through the cockpit... YEAH!! The American girl is a huge idiot... 


The flight was three hours long, and it was the longest three hours of my life. I threw up about 10 minutes after we took off, which prompted all three of the flight attendants to rush towards the lavatory and help me out. 30 minutes later, I crawled back to my seat and passed out. When I woke up, the plane was encountering some turbulence as it always does when we are approaching the island, and there goes my stomach again... God! I swear, I have never been so thrilled to get the hell off of a plane then I was that day. Absolutely trip from HELL, and the worst part was knowing that when I came home, our house would be quiet and there would be no Mr. Top Gun...


I was wheeled out of the plane again, because the Japanese do not take illness and fainting ladies lightly- thank goodness I wasn't pregnant, because my friends who have traveled while pregnant say they treat you like you are crippled (which may or may not be a good thing...) My luggage is retrieved, and then comes the best part ever... I see the Commander and his Fiancee waiting for me to be wheeled out to the greeting area, and the Commander is just laughing so hard he is crying!!!! Thank goodness Mr. Top Gun and I are very well liked and are friends with them, because I could not imagine another wife being happy to see their husband's Commander looking at them with a busted up lip,  bloody shirt and hair that looked as if I had forgotten what washing it meant... Yeah, what an eventful trip!!! Mr. Top Gun now has photographic evidence of me looking like death, and all courtesy of his funny Commander :) Welcome back, Mrs. Top Gun!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I'm sorry but that is too funny. If I ever feel the need to pass out at an airport I will hope there is a japanese doctor around lol. I hope your feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope you're feeling better! I'm glad you've made it back home and that you had people looking out for you.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?