Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Top Gun's 2009 in review

2009 In Review: The year of traveling for the Top Gun's!


New Years Eve, 2008: Mr. Top Gun and I rang in the New Year at the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Kansas City, Mo. We had dinner at the most fabulous 5 star steakhouse, we dressed up in our finest- and I decided to get food poisoning... Apparently, the lunch we had with a dear friend of ours that afternoon did not settle well with me, and by the time we checked into the hotel I had puked all over the side of the road (and in front of people's homes!) Oh- and let us not forget the ghetto bathroom I had to use... yeah, let's just say I didn't TOUCH anything in there. I manage to get the nausea under control (or so I thought,) and we make it to dinner. I proceed to order, and once I smell the food in front of me? PUKe. Yep, I spent the dinner in the bathroom while Mr. Top Gun proceeded to imbibe and thoroughly enjoy our 50$ bottle of wine- all by himself! So, I left with a little drunky drunk husband and then threw up again. HAPPY FREAKIN' NEW YEAR!!!



February, 2009: We move to New Mexico. On Valentine's Day, no less! 1 day of driving to El Paso, staying at the Hyatt and driving out the next day. Happy Valentine's Day! We move into our gorgeous condo and settle in for the next 5 months.





March, 2009: We are loving New Mexico! Mr. Top Gun begins flying his plane *yeah!!* and I fall in love with New Mexico. We also discover our new found addiction to green chiles, and I develop a serious addiction to all things turquoise... We get the first snow of the season, and I go nuts over it.








April, 2009: Our parents come to visit us! We take them to the world famous "El Pinto" Mexican restaurant, and as usual Mr. Top Gun and I refuse to pass up another photo op! We also spend Easter in our condo with Mr's parents, and towards the end of the month we attend the Gathering of Nations Pow Wow at the University Of New Mexico. What an amazing time!!





May, 2009: I turn the big 27! Mr. Top Gun surprises me with a weekend trip to Santa Fe. We stay in the five star Inn of the Anasazi, right in the center of downtown Santa Fe! I find the most breathtaking necklace, and we tour the oldest church in america as well as all of the other famous landmarks.













June, 2009: We are supposed to leave New Mexico- boo :(  But, the weather decides to tell us otherwise. Mr. Top Gun is pushed waaay back in flight school due to all of the storms, and the lease on our condo is up... So, he drives back to Texas with me in my car, stays the weekend and flies back on Sunday. He moves out of the condo ALL BY HIMSELF, and into the BOQ's on base. I don't see Mr. Top Gun for another three weeks... 


July, 2009: Mr. Top Gun arrives safely in Texas, finished with all of his flight school *yeah!* and we begin packing up for our move to Japan... We MOVE TO JAPAN!!






August, 2009: We find our house in Japan! We adopt a dog. We learn how to drive on the wrong side of the road. I get a super cute little car, We become even more addicted to sushi. 









September, 2009: Mr. Top Gun leaves to fly around to god knows where. I settle in to the house, hang out with the girls and then this happens... I got into a MAJOR CAR ACCIDENT. Totaled Mr.'s car, freaked out the entire squadron, and made Mr. fly back home to be with me. We spend the next month and a half dealing with the accident mess...



October, 2009: Mr. Top Gun gets called out to assist in the Indonesian earthquake efforts. A few days turns into weeks, and by the time he gets back, I only have about a week to spend with him. Then the Air Force presents us with the best gift of all time: Mr. Top Gun is deployed!!!! I lose my mind a little bit, find it somewhere on the island and learn how to live alone :(  I party it up with some friends for halloween!!



November, 2009: I catch the first plane out of Japan, and high tail it back home to TEXAS! On my way home, I manage to squeeze in some sushi in Tokyo, and break my toe leaving the house for the airport. 13 hours later, I am back in Texas. Wurstfest in New Braunfels is awesome!! Thanksgiving with the family is incredible, Mr. Top Gun eats Thanksgiving dinner in the DFAC... 









December, 2009: I'm still in Texas!! Missing Mr. Top Gun like crazy, but loving all the time with family. I rent an awesome car to get around in, go shopping, eat tons of delicious mexican food and still miss Mr. Top Gun like crazy. I finally get the swine flu vaccine. Mr. Top Gun calls me from the sandbox with some news from the Air Force... It seems that they have felt bad for being nasty and sending him away from me (ok, that's not the reason) but, he is selected for Captain!!  Santa Claus visits me! I get some awesome presents, and now my suitcase is brimming with goodies. December goes way too fast for me!!











January, 2010: I leave Texas in a few days. Cue the crying, sobbing, not wanting to eat. Fun times!! However, I can say this: Mr. Top Gun comes home soon!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year to all! Here's to 2010 being an incredible year for the Top Gun's, and hoping that it brings a little top gun ;)

3 comments:

  1. You've had one heck of a year!!!! Hope 2010 is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my site, too! Your blog is super cute. It's always fun to follow other pilot families! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year friend!!! Congrats on a great year! I think you and Mr. Top Gun need to swing by Guam soon. Too funny about New Year's 2008... I did the same thing on New Year's 2007 on the first night of our honey moon -- really kicked off the "in sickness and in health" part of the marriage :) Safe travels back to the other side of the world... enjoy your last few days with family (and cry as much as you want to!!!)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?