Sunday, December 13, 2009

Umm... Cosmo, can we have a talk?

I love Cosmopolitan Magazine. I have been reading it since Junior High, and it has consistently been one of the magazines I look forward to getting in my mailbox each month (well, aside from my Texas Monthly!) Fashion tips, sex advice, cosmo confessions- what's not to love, right? So, imagine my surprise when I go to pick up the latest issue from HEB here in Texas yesterday (yes, I purchased it since I am not in Japan and near my APO box,) and upon first glance I see this...





"Your Hoo-Ha Handbook??"
Get a Healthy, Sexy Vagina????

Wow. I thought for a second that I had mis-read the cover, so I went back for a second look... Nope. They actually said that?! Now, I am by no means a prude- trust me on this people, I love me some lovin' and if Mr. Top Gun were here he would probably have some story to tell y'all- but alas, he is not. I understand the importance of yearly GYN check-ups, and how crucial it is to maintain a healthy V-zone- but I don't think I need to be told by a magazine how to "Get a Healthy, Sexy Vagina..."  First of all, your v-zone is well, your own private area and second- since when have vaginas been "sexy?" Since when has it become the norm to glamourize your v-zone?? We all have them, we love them and that should be it. I appreciate the health tips, etc, but I surely don't want to know how to get a sexy vagina.

        Alright, I digress.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I don't even know what else to say.. lol Where do they come up with this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the magazine on the news stands but I never noticed that on the cover. Wow...too funny!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?