Friday, December 4, 2009

Pick up lines in the bank...

Oh, the things one can get into in the Bank! Yesterday, I was driving around running errands and shopping for Christmas gifts when I realized I needed to run into the bank and pull out some money- money kinda helps pay for things right? So I realize that it is 3:30 and my branch located off base was crazy busy- no way was I going to fight people in line and driving through the ATM wasn't an option, since I needed to withdraw a high amount. Guess someone is going inside... blah... I decide the least crowded branch would be the one on the Air Force Base here, so I drive onto the base and am happy and surprised to see virtually nobody there. I go inside, fill out my information and proceed to get in line. This is what ensued afterwards...

I GOT HIT ON BY AN OLD RETIRED COLONEL! 

Here is the conversation:
  - I walk towards the line, and notice an older gentleman standing besides one of the counters. It appeared that he was finishing up his check writing, so I stood back and allowed him to go in front of me. THEN IT HAPPENED...


Me: "Please, go right ahead Sir."Me: "You know what? Normally I would have taken offense to such comments,  but since I have a deployed Husband I welcome your flattery."

OM (Old man): "Oh, no. You go right ahead beautiful."
Me: "Well, I appreciate that. Thank you so much."
OM: "If I let you go ahead of me, then that means I am able to stand behind you and look at you for longer." *****OMG!!!!!!!!**** There is more... " Cause you look real good!!' *AHHH*




OM: "Well, you are gorgeous and It's a shame your Husband is not here."
Me: "Yes, it is. Holidays are difficult, aren't they?"
OM: "Not difficult right now, because I have you to admire."The conversation seemed to last forever, but was probably more like a few minutes. By the time I got to the teller, he was in tears from laughing!! The old man waited for me to finish up with my transaction and then asked me what my husband did... "He flies." That's all he got from me, but he proceeded to tell me he was a retired AF Colonel, blah blah... Funny day in the bank? YES!! He was not creepy, but I was just so shocked to hear this old man being so blunt and honest about how he felt about me. Oh well. I suppose I shall take any and all compliments directed towards me at this time- since Mr. Top Gun isn't here to give them to me ;)

1 comment:

What's on your mind?