Easter almost didn't happen this year... Well, I suppose it still would have occurred whether or not Mr. Top Gun was home or not, but it wouldn't have been the same without him! I got the call the night before from him saying that the plane had broken (what's new, right?) and that maintenance was working on it, but they were going to see how it went... The next morning I realize he in ONLINE, and just know he is not coming home in time and obviously not in his plane if he is on the internet either. He messages me and says the plane that came with the part that morning was BROKEN, and the plane en route to fix the broken plane who was supposed to replace the other broken plane had a fuel leak... I just see this all falling down, and figured he wouldn't be home.
That evening, I happen to pop onto facebook and notice that one of the other wives posted that she was going to pick her husband up. Hmm... her husband is with Mr. Top Gun, so that must mean he is coming home? YEP! Obviously, he did make it home in time for Easter and we were able to enjoy our first Easter away from home- and away from my Mom's incredible Easter Dinner *Sob, Sob*
Here is what the Top Gun's Easter spread tooked like:
Honey and Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Mrs. Top Gun's squash casserole
Asparagus, Beets and Baby corn with a dill vinaigrette dressing
Pinot Grigio 2007
Homemade Carrot Cake


Yay! I'm glad he made it home and that you guys had a great Easter together. The spread looks yummy!
ReplyDelete