Saturday, August 28, 2010

Rotten Neighbors

I wish we found this before we moved in...


Fences make great neighbors. NO Crap!! Seriously, I just about had a mild heart attack the other evening over a pleasant altercation with my less than friendly (and morbidly overweight and plain nasty neighbor.) As you may recall via my prior post, there have been some issues with a few of our neighbors around here. Specifically, the fact that they seem to take joy in poisoning the stray cats that people feed. While I understand that some people don't like the cats being around, there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it. They are STRAYS. Strays roam around, they eat whatever and whenever they can, and they sleep and use the bathroom where they want to. It's not like we live around urine and feces, FYI... we DO NOT. 


It's very disconcerting to me to know that these people have decided to blame us for the stray cats. So, here is a short version of what went down last week: I had walked outside to retrieve something from the car, and sweep some of the trash that the wind had blown up onto the driveway area. I noticed my little girl cat meowing and put down some food for her under the car. (Sidenote:) Our Japanese landlord has a small office downstairs from our house, in what would have been a garage. He comes a few times a week and does his business, waters his plants and also FEEDS and places WATER out for the cats. So, I try to keep the downstairs outside area of his office clean. It's just being a good tenant! I am bent over picking up a trash bag, when I hear a woman calling out to me. "Ma'am. Ma'am! Have you heard from so and so?" She was referring to our housing agent, which NO, I had not heard from. I politely looked up, smiled and said: "Oh my, I have not. Thank you! Have a good night."


I proceeded to walk towards our door, and then I heard this: "You selfish ass bitch!" Ok, seriously not cool lady. I am pregnant and I don't need this stress and I surely do not need a woman who is about 100 lbs overweight yelling at me for no reason. I went upstairs and told Mr. Top Gun, who came outside and dealt with the neighbors. Bottom line from his conversation with them? They are all complete aholes who have nothing better to do than make other peoples lives miserable. So, I have moved feeding the cats to the back of the house and we take food out to them in the fields at night. The assholes are still stealing the landlords food bowls, and he keeps putting them out. LOve it!!

1 comment:

  1. They sound like complete dbags. Is there anyway you can get them kicked out?

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?