Friday, July 23, 2010

The Birds and The Bees... In my driveway?

Yesterday started off like any other day. I had some errands to run before Mr. left to fly around the world (again,) and I wanted to get them finished in the afternoon so I had time to spend with him that evening. As I was walking to my car, I noticed my sweet 'adopted' cats lounging in the driveway soaking up the sun, and noticed two more of my cats in our neighbors driveway. As usual, they were waiting for their breakfast, so I grabbed the bag of food and poured it into their bowl. As I proceed to get into my car, I notice the little black cat is lying with a siamese cat in the neighbors driveway. I go to fix the mirrors and that's when I saw it:

The poor little girl cat was being MOUNTED by this HUGE siamese cat!!! AHHH! My eyes!! As I stared awkwardly at them, a few things were going through my mind:
1. OMG. I cannot believe these cats are just going at it right here in front of me!
2. What is wrong with me? Why am I even looking at this? Weirdo!
3. Oh no. He's biting her, and she is in pain. HONK YOUR HORN, darnit!
4. This makes me very uncomfortable to watch. STOP looking then. I can't help it!

By this time, it's raining and I decide to peel my eyes away from the spectacle before me and head to base. When I got home, they were gone and all I could think of was "Well, in a few months when I see baby siamese and black kittens running around, I can say I saw them being made!" Ohhhhh. Awkward!!!!

And guess who was outside on my driveway this morning waiting for food? None other than the little gigolo himself, Simon the siamese cat... All in a day in my life :)

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me of when I was in high school. I was swimming at my neighbor's house with some of our friends. Well they have cows and bulls. ONe of the bulls mounted one of the cows. OMG I have never been so horrified in my life, but could not turn around!! I was screaming for that cow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This made me laugh so hard because I had something similar happen a few years ago. I saw it and for some reason just couldn't stop looking over at it lol

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?